• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TASC questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AZ FoXx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SWIM was just put onto TASC today for 2 months for possession of marijuana charges. SWIM is 17 years old but drinks with SWIMs family on special occasions with permission from SWIMs parents. The question is what all does AZ TASC test for? Is it a standard five panel drug test? Does it test for alchohol even though I wasn't charged with alchohol based charges?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SWIM was just put onto TASC today for 2 months for possession of marijuana charges. SWIM is 17 years old but drinks with SWIMs family on special occasions with permission from SWIMs parents. The question is what all does AZ TASC test for? Is it a standard five panel drug test? Does it test for alchohol even though I wasn't charged with alchohol based charges?
SWIM? :confused:

https://www.tascaz.org/dat_testmenu.htm

dave33

There is no way to know for sure without having some inside information.
From what I have seen, drug tests do not often test for alcohol because it leaves the body so quickly that the results cannot be relied upon. Although alcohol is not accepted in most drug programs, if someone is suspect, they will usually be asked to submit to a breath test.

Obviously, junior should give up the booze, at least for a couple of months. goodluck.

Just Blue

;):rolleyes:

The Occultist

AZ Foxx, I replied to your drug post, but I guess I did indeed come in a few months too late. My apologies!

While some states do make allowances for minors to consume alcohol on the family residence with parental permission, Arizona is NOT one of them. What you are doing, with or without parental permission, is a crime. As such, not only could you face MIC/MIP charges, but your parents could also be charged with providing alcohol to a minor, or, in the extreme best scenario, simply contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Along with all of this, the poor clerk at the store that sold the alcohol to your parents with you present has the potential of being charged with selling to an adult under suspicion of providing to a minor, which would cost him about $1200 in fees, the store about $2500 in fees, and the store owner/manager would likely have to attend a hearing to appeal the loss of their liquor license, after which they might sue your parents (they wouldn't win, but it would still cost your parents some money).

If you managed to get nailed with this, regardless of whether or not it was caught during any testing, your previous drug charges would reopen, and you would face punishment with no leniency and little-to-no chance of any sort of plea bargain whatsoever. You'll be screwed for a LONG time if this comes to pass.

Just stop drinking. The fact that you're even asking this question (notwithstanding the scenario regarding how your drug charges came to play) shows how poor your decision-making skills are. Please take my advice and abstain from ANYTHING that is not explicitly legal for you to be in possession of. Perhaps you should build your addiction to coffee like the rest of the adults...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">