• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Teen that didn't take care of tickets.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Badazzpredator

What is the name of your state? Washington State

Alright to start this off.... by the time your done reading this your going to have all sorts of opinion of me and probably a few nicknames, but if we could keep those aside...

I'm 17 and live in Washington state. Last year between January and April I received 5 tickets. I went to court on the first one after I got two more and received a deferal on the first, paid my $100, and planned on driving good for a year. Well shortly into that year I got upset with a driver that insisted on 15 or so under so I passed him. Yup, cop in the bushes before I could slow down.. So that messed up the deferal. And well the rest of them, I didn't respond for whatever reason. Well the rest of the year went on and I kept checking my drivers licence status and it didn't get pulled till last month. I want to do something about this before it gets any worse so I come here with lots of questions as I've never really been in any other trouble with the law.

Is there a warrant out for my arrest?
Who would I call to find out?
What sort of things would happen with something like this?
Jail time? Probation? Community Service? Etc..

Also, one more issue. These outstanding tickets total more than a thousand dollars. I would be able to come up with 500-600 and do not have parents in the position to foot the bill..Would they let me pay the rest over time? I doubt they'd reduce the amount.. Community Service?

Thanks for any advice! I

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Badazzpredator said:
What is the name of your state? Washington State

Alright to start this off.... by the time your done reading this your going to have all sorts of opinion of me and probably a few nicknames, but if we could keep those aside...

Is there a warrant out for my arrest? MAYBE. Likely.
Who would I call to find out?The clerk of courts in the county where the tickets were gotten may be able to tell you.
What sort of things would happen with something like this? With your stupid driving record probably loss of license. Community service. Fines. Major increase in insurance -- don't count on being able to afford it and also dont' even attempt to drive without it. You will need it or end up in a whole bunch more trouble. Jail time is not likely for these as they are non violent, no property damage, no injury offenses. HOWEVER it could be possible since you have seven of them!

Also, one more issue. These outstanding tickets total more than a thousand dollars. I would be able to come up with 500-600 and do not have parents in the position to foot the bill..Would they let me pay the rest over time? I doubt they'd reduce the amount.. Community Service?

Thanks for any advice! I
Dude, you need to cut bakc on things. Sell your car to pay the fines. it may be even more now with the fact that you have several of them, and interest accrues. I don't think they will reduce the amount. They may let you pay off the fine over time but you won't be able to drive. Find a close job which you can ride your bicycle to.

Wolflmg

Before it get's worse. A little late for that. Your lucky they haven't come to your house and halled you off to jail. With that many tickets, in that short ammount of time and chooseing not to take care of them, that you just pathetic upon your part. Didn't you learn anything in drivers ED?

Driving is about responsibility and patience, two things which you lacked to do. As far as trying to fix this problem before it's gets any bigger, well for starters as the othe poster said sell your car and whatever else you can, because your going to be laid with on big fine. Because I wouldn't count on mom and dad paying your fines, since they already have to pay the large ammount of car in·urance, that raises in price for each ticket you recieve.

And it will probably be a long time, before they'll ever let you step foot behind the wheele again, so get used to riding bikes and public transportation. And I wouldn't be surprised if they give you community service.

racer72

Is there a warrant out for my arrest?
Yep.

Who would I call to find out?
The courthouse. You will likely be required to get the info in person, they won't give out that kind of info over the phone.

What sort of things would happen with something like this?
License suspension, late fees and penalties, a very slim chance of jail time.
Most traffic tickets in Washington are civil, not criminal matters, probation and community service are not available. Most courts are very receptive to payment plans, the sooner you get one started, the better.

Badazzpredator

Thanks for all the information, for those of you who understood 'your going to have all sorts of opinion of me and probably a few nicknames, but if we could keep those aside...' anyways.

I am planning on taking care of this soon, as soon as I can sell my laptop anyway to help pay for this mess! I'll be sure to post what happened!

Wolflmg

Badazzpredator said:
Thanks for all the information, for those of you who understood 'your going to have all sorts of opinion of me and probably a few nicknames, but if we could keep those aside...' anyways.

I am planning on taking care of this soon, as soon as I can sell my laptop anyway to help pay for this mess! I'll be sure to post what happened!
I would also highly recomend, when you go to court, dress nicely, be early and be very respectful to the judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">