• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Teen Living by himself

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lori_T

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My husband has just been promoted at the company where he works, but his new job requires our family to move to another state. My son is 16 has a license, and doesn't want to move with us. He would like to finish the school year off at his current school then move over during the summer. My husband and I give full consent for him to live on his own in our current house.

Is it legal for my son to live on his at our current residence, if I provide money and other necessities?

Thank You, Lori.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My husband has just been promoted at the company where he works, but his new job requires our family to move to another state. My son is 16 has a license, and doesn't want to move with us. He would like to finish the school year off at his current school then move over during the summer. My husband and I give full consent for him to live on his own in our current house.

Is it legal for my son to live on his at our current residence, if I provide money and other necessities?

Thank You, Lori.
No...Isn't there a family member or friend that can stay with him or he can go and stay with??

AlanShore

It's not legal.
Non legal advice-But as long as he is super responsible, can keep his mouth shut about it, and stays out of trouble, I think he could manage for a few months. ( I know because I did the same thing and know a few people who did the same thing as well...)

Just Blue

It's not legal.
Non legal advice-But as long as he is super responsible, can keep his mouth shut about it, and stays out of trouble, I think he could manage for a few months. ( I know because I did the same thing and know a few people who did the same thing as well...)
Bad advice Alan...If somthing were to happen tho this young man all kinds of hurt will come down on the parents...

AlanShore

Bad advice Alan...If somthing were to happen tho this young man all kinds of hurt will come down on the parents...
As I said it was my non legal advice. I don't recommend it. But from personal experience I did just fine by myself. Though I do understand your opinion bay, and I agree there are some major risks involved, and I probably should had advised the OP of that in my previous post.

Last edited:

Just Blue

As I said it was my non legal advice. I don't recommend it. But from personal experience I did just fine by myself. Though I do understand your opinion bay, and I agree there are some major risks involved, and I probably should had advised the OP of that in my previous post.
Yeah ..I know you were not giving legal advice...I still love you...How Denny??:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">