• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Teenager Charged and Now Probation Officer will not anything.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

popcornstreet

What is the name of your state? Idaho

My 17 year old was charged with "Beyond Control." Reason is he skipped school, would not do as we asked, threatened my husband, my other teens, and not respecting us as parents. He pleaded guilty to it. I thought I would never have to file charges against my own child for this.

He now has a probation officer that he was placed on informal adjustment. My son went in and met his probation officer, signed a behavioral contract with him. This happened 2 weeks ago. EVER since court and meeting his probation officer, my son has really gotten out of control. Telling everyone and me that it is MY fault that he is on probation, I am the crazy one, threatens me daily with violence and tells me to go F**K yourself, and shut up you stupid b*t*h. The D.A. and Judge told him one thing the will not tolerate his his disrespect toward his parents. My son said he does not give a crap!

My son says he is not going to do what the probation officer wants him to do. He says he will come and go as he pleases and when his probation officer says he cannot go spend time with a friend for another 8 weeks he says he will do it anyways. I told my son he will get violated by his p.o. He said he did not give a crap again.

When I called his Probation officer told him what he had been done, I was told, You need family counciling. What wait until someone ends up bruttly hurt or dead by my son? Then tonight we found out because his probation officer told him no he called Child Protection Services (my son did) told them I beat him to death and he is afraid of coming home. Ok my son mind you is 6' 2" weights 160 pounds. I am 5'4 weights 118 pounds, if anything he beats me up all the time in front of the other kids, beats up my youngest son and kicks him between the legs all the time.

My son said " if this does not get him out of the house and I do not go to jail and the others does not get removed from the home then he will keep calling and lieing to them every day until they do." I called the cops on him again because of threats and what he had done. They said the last 2 times they was out they would arrest him if they had to come out and deal with him any more. Well that was a lie they did ot want to arrest him. Said it was for the probation officer to do something about it. But the probation officer does not want to do anything about it. So I emailed his superior asking that they remove my son from the home and place him where he has to serve his next 9 months in a real strict enviorment and has strict rules to follow. He thinks it will be a picnic. I doubt anything will get done but we are growing tired of this problem. It took 2 years to get him in the system of him doing this non-stop. It is growing really old and no one now wants to do anything about it but listen to HIS lies about all of us.

Now I said all that to ask this.....

1. What can I do to make this probation officer do something about this before it is too late? Do I have to wait until we get many appointments for family counciling to have something done? We refuse to pay for any treatment because he refuses to go and do what is told of him. I email the Judge that tried him. So I wait for answers from them both. Meanwhile what are opitions while we live in constant fear? He wants to act and be treated like an adult. I would like to throw him out but he is court ordered to live here until August 31, 2007 that is when he will be 18 1/2.
2. What will Child Protection Services do by beliving his lies? We do not want to loose our other teens or go to jail because he chooses to lie and try to get his way. What can we do?

Any and all advise is more than welcomed. I am sorry this is long but we are finally at our wits ends. Help us please we are begging for help and protection from the likes of our son.

snostar

Has this been heard in criminal or family court?

1. What can I do to make this probation officer do something about this before it is too late?
Seek counseling as advised.
Do I have to wait until we get many appointments for family counciling to have something done?
Maybe
We refuse to pay for any treatment because he refuses to go and do what is told of him.
I see where your son gets his defiance.
I email the Judge that tried him. So I wait for answers from them both.
You will not get an answer from the judge.
Meanwhile what are opitions while we live in constant fear?
If he has violated the law press charges.

2. What will Child Protection Services do by beliving his lies?
They can and may remove all your children from your custody.
We do not want to loose our other teens or go to jail because he chooses to lie and try to get his way. What can we do?
I believe the probation officer made a very good suggestion.

BL

if anything he beats me up all the time in front of the other kids, beats up my youngest son and kicks him between the legs all the time.
When this occurs it's a violent ( ACT ) and you call the police , have him arrested and removed from the property , and get a restraining order .

When He violates the his probation , the P.O will deal with it .

If neither wants to , when you or the other children are physically bruised , go to the Hosp. ER and have it documented , then have the Hosp. personnel call the authorities .

The verbal threats etc . require counseling . It's not a police matter as no laws are broken .

I would tell him to leave and don't come back until he can respect your home, rules , and the people in it . ( it's called discipline ) .

I won't tell you what I did over a 17 yr. old , but He no longer resides living home , if you get the picture , even though the police apposed .

CdwJava

Truth of the matter might be that there is nothing that the probation officer can do. If there is no custody time hanging over his head for any prior adjudication, then you may be out of luck in trying to get the state to control your unruly child.

I would suggest speaking to the probation officer's superior and seeing if you can get some answers there.

- Carl

smutlydog

What is the name of your state? Idaho

My 17 year old was charged with "Beyond Control." Reason is he skipped school, would not do as we asked, threatened my husband, my other teens, and not respecting us as parents. He pleaded guilty to it. I thought I would never have to file charges against my own child for this.

He now has a probation officer that he was placed on informal adjustment. My son went in and met his probation officer, signed a behavioral contract with him. This happened 2 weeks ago. EVER since court and meeting his probation officer, my son has really gotten out of control. Telling everyone and me that it is MY fault that he is on probation, I am the crazy one, threatens me daily with violence and tells me to go F**K yourself, and shut up you stupid b*t*h. The D.A. and Judge told him one thing the will not tolerate his his disrespect toward his parents. My son said he does not give a crap!

My son says he is not going to do what the probation officer wants him to do. He says he will come and go as he pleases and when his probation officer says he cannot go spend time with a friend for another 8 weeks he says he will do it anyways. I told my son he will get violated by his p.o. He said he did not give a crap again.

When I called his Probation officer told him what he had been done, I was told, You need family counciling. What wait until someone ends up bruttly hurt or dead by my son? Then tonight we found out because his probation officer told him no he called Child Protection Services (my son did) told them I beat him to death and he is afraid of coming home. Ok my son mind you is 6' 2" weights 160 pounds. I am 5'4 weights 118 pounds, if anything he beats me up all the time in front of the other kids, beats up my youngest son and kicks him between the legs all the time.

My son said " if this does not get him out of the house and I do not go to jail and the others does not get removed from the home then he will keep calling and lieing to them every day until they do." I called the cops on him again because of threats and what he had done. They said the last 2 times they was out they would arrest him if they had to come out and deal with him any more. Well that was a lie they did ot want to arrest him. Said it was for the probation officer to do something about it. But the probation officer does not want to do anything about it. So I emailed his superior asking that they remove my son from the home and place him where he has to serve his next 9 months in a real strict enviorment and has strict rules to follow. He thinks it will be a picnic. I doubt anything will get done but we are growing tired of this problem. It took 2 years to get him in the system of him doing this non-stop. It is growing really old and no one now wants to do anything about it but listen to HIS lies about all of us.

Now I said all that to ask this.....

1. What can I do to make this probation officer do something about this before it is too late? Do I have to wait until we get many appointments for family counciling to have something done? We refuse to pay for any treatment because he refuses to go and do what is told of him. I email the Judge that tried him. So I wait for answers from them both. Meanwhile what are opitions while we live in constant fear? He wants to act and be treated like an adult. I would like to throw him out but he is court ordered to live here until August 31, 2007 that is when he will be 18 1/2.
2. What will Child Protection Services do by beliving his lies? We do not want to loose our other teens or go to jail because he chooses to lie and try to get his way. What can we do?

Any and all advise is more than welcomed. I am sorry this is long but we are finally at our wits ends. Help us please we are begging for help and protection from the likes of our son.
I understand your frustration. If he has a conduct disorder which I think he might family counseling won't work unless a swift criminal justice system is included in the mix. In fact the high school, criminal justice system and his family counselor all must work together. He needs an affective support system. You should visit a counselor yourself that specializes in conduct disorders and have him or her contact his probation officer. In the mean time do a Google search on conduct disorders.

Just Blue

this OP has this posted on another legal forum...the son was arrested for assaulting her...broke her arm in 2 places...so I don't think he will be going back to her home, she has requested a RO....just a sad situation.:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">