• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is there a law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommy_2

Is there a law against siblings of the opposite gender sharing a bedroom in the state of wv? I have a 2 yr old daughter and a 5 yr old son and I'm being forced to move out of the house I'm in due to health risks at the house and can't seem to find a place that's a 3 bedroom that I can afford.

Proserpina

Is there a law against siblings of the opposite gender sharing a bedroom in the state of wv? I have a 2 yr old daughter and a 5 yr old son and I'm being forced to move out of the house I'm in due to health risks at the house and can't seem to find a place that's a 3 bedroom that I can afford.
No, there is no state law preventing siblings of the opposite gender from sharing a room.

justalayman

Who is stating there is a law and who is making you move?

Do you have a lease and if so, when does it run out?

mommy_2

There r health risks where I'm at now mold growing electric is acting up and holes in my rood plus broken windows. The landlords won't fix any of it. The mold is the biggest thing. And lease isn't up till may.

justalayman

So are you leaving by your choice or are you being evicted?

Have the places you put applications in told you they would not rent yiu a 2 bedroom because of the children's gender difference?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I think what she is saying is that she feels forced to move, and cannot afford a three bedroom place so she wants to rent a two bedroom, put both her children in the same room, and wants to be sure she will not be violating any laws if she does so.

justalayman

I think what she is saying is that she feels forced to move, and cannot afford a three bedroom place so she wants to rent a two bedroom, put both her children in the same room, and wants to be sure she will not be violating any laws if she does so.
Agreed with the first and maybe the second but just want to clear as to whether she is being proactive or reactive

. A bigger problem may be with her abandoning her lease. If it is uninhabitable she would have support for her actions but she needs to be sure she takes the necessary (legal) steps to build her case. If she just leaves she could end up with an eviction and judgment to deal with

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">