• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tobacco and Minors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MinorInTrouble

Im from Canada in British Columbia. I'm a minor who was caught buying cigarettes from another minor. It is illegal to sell tobacco products to a minor but is it illegal to buy them? Is it a one way street, should the seller be the only one in trouble?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Im from Canada in British Columbia. I'm a minor who was caught buying cigarettes from another minor. It is illegal to sell tobacco products to a minor but is it illegal to buy them? Is it a one way street, should the seller be the only one in trouble?
Unfortunately (or, fortunately, depending on your point of view), the US hasn't annexed Canada yet. This forum is for US law matters only.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There are 50 US states, plus Federal law. No one is going to research and type out the laws of all 51 possibilities, particularly since none of them apply to you.

quincy

There are 50 US states, plus Federal law. No one is going to research and type out the laws of all 51 possibilities, particularly since none of them apply to you.
... unless one of us is EXTREMELY bored. :)

NellieBly

I remember in Iowa, we had "Cops In Shops" where undercover officers would pose as trainees in convenience stores. They would bust underage customers, but I can't remember if that was for cigarettes or just alcohol.

Why do you ask?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">