• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meneses2005

Florida
Can a person older than 21 get arrested for having sexual relations with a 17-year-old even if it was consented?

The Occultist

Florida has "close in age" exemptions, meaning that no, you will not be arrested for statutory rape for having sex with a 17 year old.

Keep in mind, however, that there are other possible charges to bring against you.

Perky

Actually, it depends on how much older than 21. If older than 23, then it's a felony in Florida.

Perky

In addition, combined with the information in your other 2 posts, if you also have no papers and you are harboring a runaway, then you could be in even more trouble!

Perky

I didn't say your answer was inaccurate. I don't think I even implied that. Since the OP did not specify how much 'older than 21' he meant, I added the info about those older than 23 in case he is older than 23.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">