• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to be kicked out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hpdarkman88

I am currently 17, that is until Dec. 14th. but my mother and i have been butting heads since seventh grade. she currently has become so fed up with me that she wishes to kick me out of the house and force me to move into my dads house. unfortunately my stepmother refuses to let me move into their house. my question is this, what can i do to move out on my own before i turn 18 legally, and what rights do i have until and after she kicks me out.

I live in illinios if that makes any difference.

You don't have time for emancipation, (nor are you qualified as posted). Until you're 18, your mom has to provide you with shelter and food.

In just a couple months you will be 18, then you can bump heads with your landlord, the cable company, the electric company, water works, the bank that owns your car, your insurance broker, internet provider, gas company, auto mechanic, ringer at the grocery store, gas station attendant, clothing store employees,... etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">