• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorized Legal Representation of Minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mysonsonson

What is the name of your state? Washington

My son is 16. He has developed multiple drug/alcohol addictions over the last 6 months and I am trying to get him into rehab. He ran away a couple times in the summer and in the fall, and he spent most weekends at a friends house after football games last fall. I have since found out that is where the drug activity took place. Now, the parent of that family is trying to sue me for custody of my son. I have spoken to him directly and asked him to leave my family alone, but he has refused. I now have a restraining order against him. I believe he has been providing alcohol and possibly drugs to these boys, and is trying to keep them under his control to protect himself. He has provided my son with an attorney who has already contacted another member of my family. The adult told my son he would spend up to $10K to help him get away from his family. I have a court order (At Risk Youth Petition) granted and there is no basis for my son to establish legal independence under any other provision (emancipation or Children In Need Of Services - CHINS). My son is on record at least 3 times in the last 3 months of stating that there has been no abuse on my part, and he comes from a good family.

1) Can this attorney continue to represent a minor without the consent of the legal guardian?

2) Any other suggestions?What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">