• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Under 21 year old driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ccrunner62487

This is in the state of Illinois.

I am currently 20 years old and will be going on vacation with many of my friends who have already turned 21. They informed me that they wanted to bring a few cases of beer for their own consumption however, I am unsure what the consequences are for me since I will be the driver.

Can someone please let me know if it's legal to drive with my friends who are over 21 and their beer. Who is technically in posession of it during the car ride and what will happen if we get pulled over for a traffic stop?

Any help would be appreciated.

The Occultist

Depending on the states your are driving through, it may not be illegal for you to be transporting the alcohol. You will want to research the laws of all the states you plan on going through.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">