• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Dating Laws in Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Seither

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Ok, I know you're probably tired of questions like this, and I've searched the forum, but haven't found any information anywhere about dating someone underage in Ohio. I know the sexual laws, consent, and all that here, so I'm not worried about that. Here's the situation:

I'm 17, I turn 18 in April, my girlfriend is 15, she turns 16 in June. Our age difference is 2 years and 2 months. What I want to know is if, legally, there is any sort of trouble I could get into just dating her, no sexual relations of any sort involved. I've tried to find information on this, but all I can ever find is statutory rape laws, and that's not what I need.

Thanks

The Occultist

With no sexual contact occurring, there really isn't much legal basis for stopping it. However, if the parents say the dating must end but it continues, then a charge for Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor might come into play.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">