• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underage drinking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thatsitboi

So I got an underage in PA a few weeks ago. It wasn't a crazy party or anything, there were 8 of us, 2 people blew .000 so 6 of us got underages that night. I blew a .069 and I talked to one of the officers (he was really nice) and explained to him how I had a really bad week and that my dad was in the ICU rejecting an organ transplant and that i was just trying to blow off some steam. I got the citation about a week later, the fine was $412 and if i pleaded guilty I would get a 90 day license suspension or I could plead not guilty and got to the local magistrate. Before I even sent my plea in I got a paper that said the court had accepted my plea as NOT GUILTY (all of my friends got the same letter). I called the office and the woman told me that It must have been the officer who sent the plea in for us because he wanted us all to go to court together. She also told me that it was a good thing that he did this because a guilty plea results in license suspension. I was just wondering if that was true and why the cop would do this. Also I wanted to know if it would be smart to file a postponement or if it is a good thing to go with my friends. I talked to some other people at my school who got underages and most of them didn't get license suspension on their first offense, apparently this judge goes with community service/ awareness classes for the first time.

Yea I know, I was stupid!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">