• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage drinking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

airbornegf

What is the name of your state? Ohio
So there was a party at this girl's house and there was a bunch of underage drinking. I was one of the only people not drinking and i did not supply anything either. oh btw im 17. anyway, the cops came in and when they came in I wasn't even near alcohol. I was upstrais in a bedroom with my friends kelsey and amanda talking about prom. They made us all go downstairs and then took our names and phone numbers. They called/made us call our parents and let us go home. I don't know exactly what is going to happen, but some people went to the station with their parents the next day and asked. Someone said they were going to send out letters(I dont know what they will say), they gave other people tickets, and some people have to go to some diversion pragram. They did not give me a breathalizer test and they didnt even ask if I had been drinking. I was upstairs and I guess before i came down they told everyone who wasnt drinking to get upstairs, but they never asked me.

What can happen to me? If they send me a letter or fine in the mail what should I do? I mean, I wasnt drinking, I wasnt near alcohol, I'm an honor roll student, I'm an athlete, and I am a DARE role model. I was at that party because my friend asked me to look after her if she drank. What can they do to me?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You very well may get a MIP. And as such you were in possession as alcohol was available to you.

airbornegf

so they called my house today and said that I have to appear in front of a magistrate. The one girl who is 18 also said when they called her house they claimed to have given us breathalizer tests and light tests..which they didnt. should i fight this? they said they arent going to put it on my record or call the school but I might have to do community service or write an essay..i dont want to put up this big fight and look like an *******..but i dont want to not stick up for myself at all and look like im confessing or something..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">