• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Drinking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goodfella01

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
Ok, I am a college sutdent in pennsylvania and I was walking down the street with a beer in my hand and my friend next to me. It was st. patricks day so everyone was out on the street drinking and I saw over my shoulder two cops walking down the street. I panicked and started running eventhough it did not seem like they were going to come and talk to me. But when they saw me running they chased after me. I ran into a backyard and the cop slammed me into a wooden pole which broke my nose and he hit me with the handcuffs on the back of my head which left a gash. They put me in handcuffs took me out on the street. I admitted to them I was underage and I had been drinking. They called an ambulance for me and they came and looked at me. When the ambulance came they took the handcuffs off of me. I did not want to go to the hospital so the cops asked for my information and i.d. I did not have my wallet with me so I only told them my name and street address at school. They wrote it down on a little notepad they were carrying. They than let me go and told me to jut go to bed but I could possibly expect something in the mail soon. They did not ask me to sign anything and they didn't give me anything to take with me. I did not take a breathanlyzer either. I guess I am wondering what is the worst case scenario I face? I know there is a 300$ fine for underage drinking but I am also worried if they will charge me with resisting arrest? Although I am not sure if I was actually arrested? I don't know, its one of the dumbest things I've ever done in my life and I regret it wholeheartedly, I have learned my lesson. Any suggestions or hellp with this matter would greatly be appreciated!! Thanks..i'll be waiting to hear back soon. Also, I am wondering when could I expect this "something" in the mail? And what should be my next move if it is only a citation? plead guilty?

Last edited:

xylene

Wait and see what happens.

You may never see anything from this.

St. Patricks day is very busy for drunk and disorderly behavior.

UIsAMoron

They will probably arrive at your house in the next day or two and arrest you again, except this time bring you in for booking. Hopefully they don't "accidentally" slam your wrists in the door when they put you in the back of their car. Afterthat you are probably going to get raped by a guy named 'Bruce' in your holding cell and receive a $16,000 fine. Finally, a three year old girl will kick you in the nuts, and you will cry.

But **** it, I don't have time for this

too high to socialize.

goodfella01

ok so i have a citation for underage and for littering...with no mention of me getting beat up by the cops..so I have a court date within the next two weeks coming up i plan on pleading guilty, I just am curious if I should get a lawyer for these two citations?

IlliniCat

Seek Advice

I would seek some legal advice, because you were running the police had a reason to "bring you down" so to speak. However, with the injuries you received from incident, I would make sure there are pictures of them too, I would talk to an attorney and see if there is anything that can be done on the possibility of excessive force or police brutality.

Take care.
-Cassie

Raptoer

I doubt this is police brutality or excessive force. The police saw you running from them, that you entered a yard which was probably not yours. They decided that you had some reason to be running from them and decided to detain you.

The only way that this could be police brutality is if they had you under control, THEN hit you. (and they did call an ambulance for you...)

Be thankful that you did not get a resisting arrest charge.

I'm not going to say that you shouldn't get a lawyer, but I doubt that you NEED one for a charge of underage drinking and littering.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
Ok, I am a college sutdent in pennsylvania and I was walking down the street with a beer in my hand and my friend next to me. It was st. patricks day so everyone was out on the street drinking and I saw over my shoulder two cops walking down the street.
You must've started mighty early!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">