• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Drinking Conspiracy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kogz

Cleveland, Ohio.

My 17-year-old son was in my house involved in underage drinking with 13 of his friends without my knowledge. While they were in the basement there was a knock on the front door and it was the city police. No one heard the door so they decided to trench through the deep snow to the backyard where they found my basement door where once again they began knocking. When my son realized this someone opened the door so he hurried to the door and shut it behind him to see what they wanted. They kept peeking through until they saw a bottle of liquor and asked if they could come inside where he responded no until I get my father. When he attempted to close the door they put their foot in the way and said we will stand inside but won't move. So he got me and when we came downstairs the cops were in the house where the bottle was. Now from that point there was no more alcohol to be seen on the other side of the basement unless they were to walk around the corner where they did and found the other alcohol products. Then they gathered all the kids around and breathalyse all of them where only 3 blew anything above a 0.000 (0.03, 0.04, and .13). They told me that they came to the front door to tell us that there were cars parked in the street when there were more than two inches of snow, which is against the law, but there are many other houses surrounding these cars. So instead of towing them or ticketing them they walked all the way to the back of my private property to see one liquor bottle and some kids in my basement. After they did the breathalyzer the cops began to search back rooms until they found a book bag deep in one room and went through it to find a bong, marijuana, and a grinder that belonged to another person who they let go home because he blew a 0.00. So my question is out of all this was it all legal, the search, entering of private property, coming around the house without any suspicion, and just the overall situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">