• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Possession and Open Container

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rpatrick723

The state is Ohio. I am 20 years old. Just recently I was a passenger in a car of 4 people that was pulled over for a missing registration sticker and going 12mph over the speed limit. When the officer took our IDs he saw in the back empty plastic bottles. He found a dasani bottle with rum in it (which i didn't even know was there because my bag was on the floor). The alcohol wasn't mine and the officer only cited me for 4301.69(e)(1) underage offense concerning and 4301.62(b)(4) open container in a motor vehicle. I wasn't given a breathalyser and I never said that the alcohol was mine. The officer said that I was the only one cited because it was by me (i was in the seat behind the driver). I honestly had no idea that there was alcohol in the bottle and I wasn't under any influence of any substance. Also I was the only one cited in the car. I would like to know how would I handle this so that I can prepare while awaiting my court date to be mailed. I am able to provide more information if needed and would greatly appreciate any advice on this matter. Thank you in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">