• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

University Police...17yr old...drinking ticket & Id violation..HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badsituations17

I live in Wisconsin. I was visiting the UW-Milwaukee dorms and the ra's came for a noise violation and asked for everyones i.d.'s and everyone was 18 except me. they searched the fridge and found a bottle. since i was under 18 they "had to call the university police" and we were all breathlized...i went last since i was the youngest and i said i wasnt drinking tonight and they wouldnt just let my mom come get me before i took the breathalizer. nothing was showing up and so they told me to blow harded. i explained to them that i had asthma and i couldnt push out anymore air especially since i was scared/upset. i asked if i could take my inhaler or if that would mess the test up and they said no wait 5 minutes and it will be fine. i blew a .086 and then i was the only one to be patted down and searched...they searched my purse that i had just borrowed from my older sister and they found her expired id in my purse and i told them the situation and that she was picking me up. they said they would ask her and if it was i would be okay but otherwise i would get a ticket. they never asked her and said they found it in my purse. my sister is going to be a nurse and she found in a medical journal that to take a legal/accurate test you would have to wait 20 minutes and someone who was not drinking could blow as high as a .12 after 2 puffs of an inhaler!! what can i do...can i fight these tickets in court...FYI...the drinking ticket is $252.50 and the i.d violation is 504.50. so help would be very apperciated! thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">