• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

urgent please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oscar7557

What is the name of your state? south Carolina.
so this family moved in next door. its a mother and three kids. the husband is still living in another state and might not be coming down any time soon if at all. the eldest daughter is 17. and is currently refusing to go to school, quit her job,doing community service for possession of stolen jewelry when she lived in new york. she ran away from her mother and went to Miami for a month where she worked as a waitress got some tattoos and piercings. my parents being the good Christian that they are , are trying to help her mom by consoling her. they want me to speak to the daughter and i want to help i also want to know if there is a law to make her attend school I'm pretty sure there is.. any advice?

oscar7557

her mother is asking for help from my parents. and im not going to stand by and let this in justice continue because im sure this against the law

fairisfair

her mother is asking for help from my parents. and im not going to stand by and let this in justice continue because im sure this against the law
If you don't even know the law, then you are MOST certainly NOT in a position to be of any help.

what injustice are you even talking about?

and how old are YOU?

fairisfair

By the way, mandatory school attendance is from 5-16 in South Carolina. So her quitting is not illegal.

It isn't illegal for her to quit her job either.

Nor is it illegal for her to perform community service for her crimes.

Unfortunately it isn't illegal to be a NOSY NEIGHBOR either, but it is annoying.:rolleyes:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
"SECTION 59-65-10. Responsibility of parent or guardian; notification by school district of availability of kindergarten; transportation for kindergarten pupils.

(A) All parents or guardians shall cause their children or wards to attend regularly a public or private school or kindergarten of this State which has been approved by the State Board of Education or a member school of the South Carolina Independent Schools' Association or some similar organization, or a parochial, denominational, or church-related school, or other programs which have been approved by the State Board of Education from the school year in which the child or ward is five years of age before September first until the child or ward attains his seventeenth birthday or graduates from high school. A parent or guardian whose child or ward is not six years of age on or before the first day of September of a particular school year may elect for their child or ward not to attend kindergarten. For this purpose, the parent or guardian shall sign a written document making the election with the governing body of the school district in which the parent or guardian resides. The form of this written document must be prescribed by regulation of the Department of Education. Upon the written election being executed, that child or ward may not be required to attend kindergarten."

http://www.scstatehouse.net/CODE/t59c065.htm

She doesn't have to go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">