• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urinating In Public

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetness_girl3

What is the name of your state? California

I was in Santa barbara this weekend and received a ticket for urinating in public.....

all my information is right except he put my age down as 18, he even has the right birthdate though.

Is it true that if the officer writes down the wrong information the ticket is void?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sweetness_girl3 said:
What is the name of your state? California

I was in Santa barbara this weekend and received a ticket for urinating in public.....

all my information is right except he put my age down as 18, he even has the right birthdate though.

Is it true that if the officer writes down the wrong information the ticket is void?

My response:

Writing an incorrect age is not a fatal defect. You'll be answering the charge.

IAAL

Sweetness_girl3, I dont know what the laws in california are for urinating in public are, but in MA you can become a sex offender if you get convicted of it. Last year while trying a case for mock trial, there was a guy who got convicted there in one of the other court rooms and he is now a level 1 level one sex offender. Next time use a toilet.

bigdreams11 said:
Sweetness_girl3, I dont know what the laws in california are for urinating in public are, but in MA you can become a sex offender if you get convicted of it. Last year while trying a case for mock trial, there was a guy who got convicted there in one of the other court rooms and he is now a level 1 level one sex offender. Next time use a toilet.

I agree with urinalysis of the situation.

sweetness_girl3

soooo the first person helped me... but everyone else can shove it thanks! i don't need a lecture.... and by the way.. i'm 17 a sex offender for urinating in public? I don't live in MA so why are you even talking?

sweetness_girl3 said:
soooo the first person helped me... but everyone else can shove it thanks! i don't need a lecture.... and by the way.. i'm 17 a sex offender for urinating in public? I don't live in MA so why are you even talking?

You need to talk to this guy...crazed moosehead

CdwJava

sweetness_girl3 said:
It depends on what section you were cited for. if you were cited for exposing yourself in public ... well, that can have some serious repercussions.

What section (code and numbers) were you cited under?

- Carl

CdwJava

sweetness_girl3 said:
it says 24-34 C.O. urinating in public
Okay - that's a local ordinance ... there would be no sex crime there.
It doesn't match any of the city codes I can find, so I am guessing you were in a county area and this is a county ordinance. If it was a city ordinance, I can't find it off hand ... and there appears to be no Municipal Code title 24.

It's technically a misdemeanor but is likely punishable by a fine only.

EDIT: Ah! Found it with the County!

Sec. 24-34. Urinating or defecating in public prohibited.

It shall be unlawful and a misdemeanor for any person to urinate or defecate in or upon any street, sidewalk, alley, plaza, park, beach, public building or public maintained facility, or any place open to the public or exposed to public view. This section shall not be construed so as to prohibit the use for urination or defecation the lawfully constructed restroom facilities designed for the sanitary disposal of human waste. (Ord. No. 4467 § 1)

- Carl

Last edited:
C

crazymooseguy

Some people would pay to see that. No idea why it's such a big deal. Good luck to you.

TiredofTheCrap

You are a 17 yr old young lady and urinating in public? How attractive that is and your parents must be proud. My kids are not angels but would not even consider urinating in public, especially my daughters.

As far as crazy moose guy and his reply,he may think what you did is cute, but as far as advice goes, I would not hold much weight in his advice since he and his brother seem to think its funny and ok to be crude. Thats just nasty. My kids wouldnt think of doing that either.

Last edited:
C

crazymooseguy

TiredofTheCrap said:
You are a 17 yr old young lady and urinating in public? How attractive that is and your parents must be proud. My kids are not angels but would not even consider urinating in public, especially my daughters.

As far as crazy moose guy and his reply,he may think what you did is cute, but as far as advice goes, I would not hold much weight in his advice since he and his brother seem to think its funny and ok to be crude. Thats just nasty. My kids wouldnt think of doing that either.
I'm sure we're all grateful to know that your children wouldn't urinate in public, but she's looking for legal advice, not condescending insults. What's so nasty about urination? Are you aware that urine is sterile and it's even perfectly safe to drink your own urine? Let's say you peed on a sidewalk: it would evaporate quickly, leaving no trace behind. That's opposed to crapping on the sidewalk, which obviously leaves behind offensive material. Children, of course, urinate in public swimming pools frequently. Why aren't they charged with a crime? Sure, the potential for exposure is there, but the nude body is perfectly natural, objectionable or not. Screw off.

CdwJava

Yeah, ya know, I really love walking down the street smelling the urine in the bushes or on the side of the buildings ... and it's SOOO sterile ... that's why there's NO pathogens that can be borne by the urine. :rolleyes:

Oh, please!

It is offensive to urinate in public - it is crude, it is irresponsible, and it is illegal. Fortunately for the OP they appear to face a county ordinance charge and NOT indecent exposure.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">