• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Very confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

commentator

Yes, as I have said before many times, there's NOTHING we are doing in our culture to educate young people (17 is young too!) that there is such a thing as jail bait, and that a 14 year old or 15 year old is strictly off limits for a 17 year old or 18 year old. And there's not enough education happening that the sexual choices and activities that are on media all the time and seem acceptable and adventurous and just exactly what their hormones want anyhow are in fact, very illegal and very apt to get your picture on the internet in the "sexual predators and pedophiles" category. That you can, while very young and feeling very encouraged by your culture to do something, look up and find your entire life ruined for going ahead and doing it.

I salute this young person for at least ASKING. Now I strongly suggest that she begin paying attention to and spending time with people of her own age, working on herself and becoming a better person, and holding off on all sexual activity that involves other people until she is at least 18. That she is attracted to a so much younger girl is an indication that her maturity level may be less than it should, in spite of her maturity in coming here and checking the legality of her actions before she has acted (we strongly hope!). You want to be the initiator and seducer of someone younger and possibly inexperienced and more childlike. Do you think this is a good sign about you? Has someone else done this perhaps to you? Talk to someone about these feelings. A good counselor could help.

It makes me cringe when I hear (on the media, and I'm not even a heavy user!) about a 12 year old or a 14 year old who has so bravely "come out" and announced their sexuality, and is being bullied and mistreated for it by their peers. And those who are opposed to the idea are hysterical trying to stop them from saying this and for feeling this way, and those who support the lifestyle are hysterical defending their right to declare and explore sexual orientations, when a person of that age is simply not ready for adult choices and shouldn't be having sex of any kind that involves others.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">