• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation12814.6

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

ledzeppelin1989

So, I live in california, and I have had my license since 2/16/06. As you can easily figure out, that puts me at 11 1/2 months with my license. So Ive been pulled over like anyone else for whatever reason, but last night, I had a rather unfortunate encounter with one of the biggest ego carrying cops in dublin, one of the worst most stuck up cities in the bay area, anyway, he was sighting me for my tailight, which was out, he ended up brining up that ive had my license for under 12 months(apparently 11 1/2 isnt good enough for the law), and that I was carrying another teenager(16) with me. He then wrote me a ticket and was telling me how he probably just saved my and my friends lives by doing that(trying to get my license revoked until 18) which was an arrogant comment, seeing that I have no driving infractions on my record at all. So since my options and possible consequences are as follows:
(d) (1) Upon a finding that any licensee has violated paragraph (1) of subdivision (b), the court shall impose one of the following:

(A) Not less than eight hours nor more than 16 hours of community service for a first offense and not less than 16 hours nor more than 24 hours of community service for a second or subsequent offense.

(B) A fine of not more than thirty-five dollars ($35) for a first offense and a fine of not more than fifty dollars ($50) for a second or subsequent offense.

(2) If the court orders community service, the court shall retain jurisdiction until the hours of community service have been completed.

(3) If the hours of community service have not been completed within 90 days, the court shall impose a fine of not more than thirty-five dollars ($35) for a first offense and not more than fifty dollars ($50) for a second or subsequent offense.

(e) A conviction of paragraph (1) of subdivision (b), when reported to the department, may not be disclosed as otherwise specified in Section 1808 or constitute a violation point count value pursuant to Section 12810.

(f) Any term of restriction or suspension of the driving privilege imposed on a person pursuant to this subdivision shall remain in effect until the end of the term even though the person becomes 18 years of age before the term ends.

Do you think I will really lose my license? Since I have no driving problems, and since this was 2 weeks before it was legal, and since by the time I have to appear(3/28/07) I will have been allowed to drive for almost 2 months, do you really think that they will really take it away, instead of just fining me, or giving me community service? And also, do obligations such as needing transportation for work, being a medicine carrier for older(licenseless) grandparents, required sibling school transportation, etc. Hold any bearing in these kind of court hearings, or are they really just that ridiculous? Also, does anybody know when america officially lost title as a 'free' country, or has it never really been free?**************.:)

Last edited:

Just Blue

So, I live in california, and I have had my license since 2/16/06. As you can easily figure out, that puts me at 11 1/2 months with my license. So Ive been pulled over like anyone else for whatever reason, but last night, I had a rather unfortunate encounter with one of the biggest ego carrying cops in dublin, one of the worst most stuck up cities in the bay area, anyway, he was sighting me for my tailight, which was out, he ended up brining up that ive had my license for under 12 months(apparently 11 1/2 isnt good enough for the law), and that I was carrying another teenager(16) with me. He then wrote me a ticket and was telling me how he probably just saved my and my friends lives by doing that(trying to get my license revoked until 18) which was an arrogant comment, seeing that I have no driving infractions on my record at all. So since my options and possible consequences are as follows:
(d) (1) Upon a finding that any licensee has violated paragraph (1) of subdivision (b), the court shall impose one of the following:

(A) Not less than eight hours nor more than 16 hours of community service for a first offense and not less than 16 hours nor more than 24 hours of community service for a second or subsequent offense.

(B) A fine of not more than thirty-five dollars ($35) for a first offense and a fine of not more than fifty dollars ($50) for a second or subsequent offense.

(2) If the court orders community service, the court shall retain jurisdiction until the hours of community service have been completed.

(3) If the hours of community service have not been completed within 90 days, the court shall impose a fine of not more than thirty-five dollars ($35) for a first offense and not more than fifty dollars ($50) for a second or subsequent offense.

(e) A conviction of paragraph (1) of subdivision (b), when reported to the department, may not be disclosed as otherwise specified in Section 1808 or constitute a violation point count value pursuant to Section 12810.

(f) Any term of restriction or suspension of the driving privilege imposed on a person pursuant to this subdivision shall remain in effect until the end of the term even though the person becomes 18 years of age before the term ends.

Do you think I will really lose my license? Since I have no driving problems, and since this was 2 weeks before it was legal, and since by the time I have to appear(3/28/07) I will have been allowed to drive for almost 2 months, do you really think that they will really take it away, instead of just fining me, or giving me community service? And also, do obligations such as needing transportation for work, being a medicine carrier for older(licenseless) grandparents, required sibling school transportation, etc. Hold any bearing in these kind of court hearings, or are they really just that ridiculous? Also, does anybody know when america officially lost title as a 'free' country, or has it never really been free?**************.:)

So you think to be a free country the population shouldn't have to follow laws?? Are you really that dumb?:confused:

Shay-Pari'e

So, I live in california, and I have had my license since 2/16/06. As you can easily figure out, that puts me at 11 1/2 months with my license. So Ive been pulled over like anyone else for whatever reason, but last night, I had a rather unfortunate encounter with one of the biggest ego carrying cops in dublin, one of the worst most stuck up cities in the bay area, anyway, he was sighting me for my tailight, which was out,

His Duty.

he ended up brining up that ive had my license for under 12 months(apparently 11 1/2 isnt good enough for the law), and that I was carrying another teenager(16) with me.
He then wrote me a ticket and was telling me how he probably just saved my and my friends lives by doing that(trying to get my license revoked until 18) which was an arrogant comment,That was an arrogent comment? You have to abide by the laws.

seeing that I have no driving infractions on my record at all. So since my options and possible consequences are as follows:

Pick anyone of those option's and go forth.

L

ledzeppelin1989

Well baystate girl, I was just expressing my opinion that America is quickly putting every little restriction on every little thing you can do, soon there will be a subdivision for everything! Clearly, you will question nothing, and agree with all of these policies, created by people with no perspective, regardless of their negative overall effects. So a few kids are saved cause their friend(driver of 8 months) wouldnt drive them around and he just so happended to crash that night right? Nice accomplishment by the law right, only one kid is hurt. But oh no, now, lets say johns had it for 8 months and drives with two friends, he hits a car and everyone gets injured, so now , in addition to the injuries, Johns parents will be sued for probably everything they own, since their son decided to break the law. Nice, now instead of only having injuries, you have several injuries and for sure a law suit against johns parents. Adding more negatives to any situation only makes it a better one doesnt it? You have to think realistically, how many more kids are going to break this law than follow it? With what I have seen its about 95% ignored. So it doesnt increase anyones safety, but possibly increases serious lawsuits against the parents, who never made the choice to let their kids drive people in the first place. With the republicans in office though, what should we expect, they cant accomplish anything positive anyway.

Anyway shay, I understand that the tailight stop was his duty, and was an acceptable reason to pull me over, which is why I dont mind that. Yes, I do feel that saying "I just saved your life by hopefully taking away your license" is an arrogant, unnecessary comment. In the situation, comments like these are only meant to get some kind of response out of people. Its like when you are arrested for possession of marijuana, and the officer tells you hes saving your life. Simply put, HES NOT!

CdwJava

The officer's comments are entirely irrelevant to the citation. (Oh, it's a "cite", not a "sight") If you have no legal defense, you have no legal defense. When you are 18 you can vote out traffic regulation if you want to. Good luck with that.

Oh, and before you blame the Repulbicans for this law, recall that this is a STATE law in a state where the DEMOCRATS have controlled the legislature for virtually my entire lifetime and certainly when this law was enacted. Since you obviously have indoctrinated that Republicans are evil fascists, I don't suppose it ever occurred to you that a law you don't like could POSSIBLY have been enacted by a Democrat controlled legislature.

Hit the books and study. And wait a few more days before you put friends in the car with you.

Also, you are right they are not likely to suspend your license for this.

- Carl

Last edited:

Just Blue

Well baystate girl, I was just expressing my opinion that America is quickly putting every little restriction on every little thing you can do, soon there will be a subdivision for everything! Clearly, you will question nothing, and agree with all of these policies, created by people with no perspective, regardless of their negative overall effects. So a few kids are saved cause their friend(driver of 8 months) wouldnt drive them around and he just so happended to crash that night right? Nice accomplishment by the law right, only one kid is hurt. But oh no, now, lets say johns had it for 8 months and drives with two friends, he hits a car and everyone gets injured, so now , in addition to the injuries, Johns parents will be sued for probably everything they own, since their son decided to break the law. Nice, now instead of only having injuries, you have several injuries and for sure a law suit against johns parents. Adding more negatives to any situation only makes it a better one doesnt it? You have to think realistically, how many more kids are going to break this law than follow it? With what I have seen its about 95% ignored. So it doesnt increase anyones safety, but possibly increases serious lawsuits against the parents, who never made the choice to let their kids drive people in the first place. With the republicans in office though, what should we expect, they cant accomplish anything positive anyway.

Anyway shay, I understand that the tailight stop was his duty, and was an acceptable reason to pull me over, which is why I dont mind that. Yes, I do feel that saying "I just saved your life by hopefully taking away your license" is an arrogant, unnecessary comment. In the situation, comments like these are only meant to get some kind of response out of people. Its like when you are arrested for possession of marijuana, and the officer tells you hes saving your life. Simply put, HES NOT!

Did you happen to notice where I am from?? It is almost a law that you need to be a bleeding heart liberal to live in Massachusetts!! I question everything! But with all you world expierance I am sure you know it all!!:rolleyes:

Grow up little boy...when you are 35 run for office and see about changing the law if it still offends you! ;)

CdwJava

Oh, and a little food for thought as to why this age restriction is in place in CA ... any idea what age group has the HIGHEST rate of serious injury and fatal collisions? Hmm?? How about 16-19! The rate is more than 4 times the rate of any other age category! Hence one reason why this restriction is in place.

As for enforcement, larger locales don't have the opportunity to enforce it as often as we in smaller communities do. We know who my younger and newer drivers are, and they DO get stopped (and cited) to and from school and at lunch.

- Carl

L

ledzeppelin1989

Hahaha, alright, well thanks for everyones input. Massachusetts liberal? I would have never guessed that. Does anyone here know if I could get a motorcycle license if they did take it away? I mean, isnt a motorcycle license different? Then I could just look hella rad on a motorcycle with a side car. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Blue

Hahaha, alright, well thanks for everyones input. Massachusetts liberal? I would have never guessed that. Well, Im hoping they dont go 100% jackass on me. Does anyone here know if I could get a motorcycle license if they did take it away? I mean, isnt a motorcycle license different? Then I could just look hella rad on a motorcycle with a side car. :cool:
A license is a license....:rolleyes:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Maybe you should take the Police Officer's advice and stay off the road until you are 18! The extra maturity would do you a world of good.

CdwJava

ledzeppelin1989 said:
Does anyone here know if I could get a motorcycle license if they did take it away? I mean, isnt a motorcycle license different?
IF your license were suspended (and I doubt it will be), you would NOT be able to get a motorcycle endorsement.

- Carl

Shay-Pari'e

You are full of something, however I have not figured out what you are full of.

Shay-Pari'e

Hahaha, alright, well thanks for everyones input. Massachusetts liberal? I would have never guessed that. Does anyone here know if I could get a motorcycle license if they did take it away? I mean, isnt a motorcycle license different? Then I could just look hella rad on a motorcycle with a side car. :cool:
Umm, WRONG!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">