• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want proof of damage costs.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anna890

What is the name of your state? :NY
My nephew was involved in breaking a window. The cost of the window seems to be excessively high. Do his parents have the right to see a copy of the repair costs? And is there any way that they can find out if these repairs were claimed under homeowners insurance?

justalayman

Do his parents have the right to see a copy of the repair costs?
depends on how old the kid is

And is there any way that they can find out if these repairs were claimed under homeowners insurance?
doesn't make any difference to you or the kid or his parents. That is between the injured and his insurance. You nephew owes somebody for the damage. If the insurance pays it, they will simply go after the kid for it as well.

billybawbag

Read the question

The point of the question, as I understand it, is: Is the person liable for the debt entitled to proof of costs? Please answer the question. Liability is not an issue here.

Billy mac

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The point of the question, as I understand it, is: Is the person liable for the debt entitled to proof of costs? Please answer the question. Liability is not an issue here.

Billy mac
Snarky demands are NOT obeyed here. Why don't you answer the question?

xylene

What is the name of your state? :NY
My nephew was involved in breaking a window. The cost of the window seems to be excessively high. Do his parents have the right to see a copy of the repair costs? And is there any way that they can find out if these repairs were claimed under homeowners insurance?
Option 1 - Don't pay

Get sued

Person filing case will need PROOF of damages.

Option 2 -

ASK "Show me proof of damages please?"

A1 - "Here is an estimate" Then you pay it...

A2 - "Stick it" Then consider option 1.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">