• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do to help my pseudo daughter?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? West Virginia. My boyfriend's son introduced us to his girlfriend, Kayla (16 years old). I was immediately drawn to her. I was unable to have children, and she is the daughter I always wanted, warts and all! She has been in some trouble in the past: suspension from school, time in lock-up, kicked out of her mother's home. She moved in with me and Dave (my boyfriend of 10 years) and things are going well for her. She is a very bright, talented, and respectful young girl. On March 3rd she has a court date because she is not in school. We attempted to enroll her, but her mother would not take the appropriate steps to enable her to do so. Her mother also refuses to provide her with medical care.
Here are my questions: Can she be put back in lock-up for not attending school? Can I somehow get custody of her? (Her mother will not let her move back in (and she doesn't want to!)). If she gets her GED before her court date, will that help? PLEASE RESPOND SOON!

sagasmommy said:
What is the name of your state? West Virginia. My boyfriend's son introduced us to his girlfriend, Kayla (16 years old). I was immediately drawn to her. I was unable to have children, and she is the daughter I always wanted, warts and all! She has been in some trouble in the past: suspension from school, time in lock-up, kicked out of her mother's home. She moved in with me and Dave (my boyfriend of 10 years) and things are going well for her. She is a very bright, talented, and respectful young girl. On March 3rd she has a court date because she is not in school. We attempted to enroll her, but her mother would not take the appropriate steps to enable her to do so. Her mother also refuses to provide her with medical care.
Here are my questions: Can she be put back in lock-up for not attending school? Can I somehow get custody of her? (Her mother will not let her move back in (and she doesn't want to!)). If she gets her GED before her court date, will that help? PLEASE RESPOND SOON!
You are (good intentions and all :rolleyes: ) are harboring a runaway. No matter how much the system sucks, you need to get CPS or whatever it is called in your state involved.

You can't just "steal" children no matter how unfit the parent(s) might be.

You don't seem to have your cork in tight enough yourself. IMO. :eek:

S

shell007

I suspect the OP will return a couple of months from now with this question:

My son was dating this girl who had warts. We really liked her, but now they are broke up, my son is now married to a wonderful woman with warts, and his EX refuses to leave our home.

Q: How can I get this girl to leave?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OP: You are just asking for trouble. Mind your own P's & Q's.

B

badboybarry

send gf home and butt out

:mad: you are also facing a charge of interfering with parental custody. she has two parents, and neither of them are YOU! whatever is going on in her house with her mother isnt any of YOUR business.when shes 18, she can decide where to live, untill then, she belongs at home with her mother, if mom has legal custody of her.you cant get custody of her, as you are not legally related to her, and have no standing to seek custody.send her home where she belongs, mind your own business, and stop breaking the law

Last edited:

Just Blue

badboybarry said:
:mad: you are also facing a charge of interfering with parental custody. no, you cannot get custody of her, you are not legally related to her. send her home where she belongs, and mind your own business.:mad:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :p

E

eme76

What

sagasmommy said:
:confused: :eek: this is the daughter she always wanted!
i cant help but ask...am i reading this right? op,her bf bf's son and son's gf are all living together? these people don't need legal advice they need mental help

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
sagasmommy said:
Girl - the court is not going to find it amusing that the young lady (ahem) is living with her boyfriend et al. You can forget custody of the girl. I'd spend my money making sure my stepson was buying condoms and spermicide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">