+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Namioko is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3

    What is the legal age can a parent kick a child out of their household in NYC

    In NYC, what is the legal age a parent can kick a child out of the household?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
  2. #2
    Proserpina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Watching you eat your Cheerios
    Posts
    37,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Namioko View Post
    In NYC, what is the legal age a parent can kick a child out of the household?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

    Eighteen...
  3. #3
    Namioko is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3
    Are you sure?
    That is what I had always believed, but sometimes I become confused because of the NYC child support age limit, which is 21.

    what I mean is if you are responsible to pay child support up until the age of 21, would you still be responsible for a child up until the age of 21?
  4. #4
    Isis1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Namioko View Post
    Are you sure?
    That is what I had always believed, but sometimes I become confused because of the NYC child support age limit, which is 21.

    what I mean is if you are responsible to pay child support up until the age of 21, would you still be responsible for a child up until the age of 21?
    nope. you can kick them out at 18. the paying parent may even request child support to be stopped if the child is no longer living in the custodial home.

    or welcome the child to his/her home and request child support to be modified to reflect where the child is living now.
  5. #5
    Namioko is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Isis1 View Post
    nope. you can kick them out at 18. the paying parent may even request child support to be stopped if the child is no longer living in the custodial home.

    or welcome the child to his/her home and request child support to be modified to reflect where the child is living now.
    Oh**************..Ok, Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Legal action against parent bad mouthing other parent to child?
    By jjb1029 in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-15-2010, 05:11 PM
  2. Renting from Parent - What is my household?
    By nilum in forum Landlord / Tenant Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 10:32 PM
  3. Does parent agreement kick-in when divorce is complete?
    By swalkowski in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 07:30 AM
  4. is it a crime for a parent to kick a 15 year old out of the house
    By kvargo5517 in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 08:37 AM
  5. Can a parent kick a minor out of the house?
    By piperwhite in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2005, 12:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.