• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the legal age can a parent kick a child out of their household in NYC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Namioko

In NYC, what is the legal age a parent can kick a child out of the household?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Namioko

Are you sure?
That is what I had always believed, but sometimes I become confused because of the NYC child support age limit, which is 21.

what I mean is if you are responsible to pay child support up until the age of 21, would you still be responsible for a child up until the age of 21?

Isis1

Are you sure?
That is what I had always believed, but sometimes I become confused because of the NYC child support age limit, which is 21.

what I mean is if you are responsible to pay child support up until the age of 21, would you still be responsible for a child up until the age of 21?
nope. you can kick them out at 18. the paying parent may even request child support to be stopped if the child is no longer living in the custodial home.

or welcome the child to his/her home and request child support to be modified to reflect where the child is living now.

Namioko

nope. you can kick them out at 18. the paying parent may even request child support to be stopped if the child is no longer living in the custodial home.

or welcome the child to his/her home and request child support to be modified to reflect where the child is living now.
Oh**************..Ok, Thanks;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">