• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What a Mess

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

downey562

hi . I"m in California . about a year ago my x was giving me trouble about seeing my child who I have rights to see ... shes been in all kinds of homes for drug use , abuse on children. and never working , bouncing around U.S . anyways I take her to court because she will not let me see my little girl for almost a year . shes now saying my 14 year old son touched my little girl a year ago. this is the day after I took her to court to get full rights to my daughter .... two days later im at work my older daughter calls me and says the police came in the AM and took my son to Jail . right out of bed . he spent the night in jail DA rejected the case and let him out . but now a worker from DCS says their case is open and He Cant live in our home anymore > what can be don't to help my son ?

Antigone*

hi . I"m in California . about a year ago my x was giving me trouble about seeing my child who I have rights to see ... shes been in all kinds of homes for drug use , abuse on children. and never working , bouncing around U.S . anyways I take her to court because she will not let me see my little girl for almost a year . shes now saying my 14 year old son touched my little girl a year ago. this is the day after I took her to court to get full rights to my daughter .... two days later im at work my older daughter calls me and says the police came in the AM and took my son to Jail . right out of bed . he spent the night in jail DA rejected the case and let him out . but now a worker from DCS says their case is open and He Cant live in our home anymore > what can be don't to help my son ?
Have you spoken to the DCFS case worker?

Where the kids living with you or with her when this happened?

downey562

Have you spoken to the DCFS case worker?

Where the kids living with you or with her when this happened?
yes. we have spoken to worker. she said its a red light that after I took her to court she made a claim . and no she was not living with us just staying a few days
but never left alone ..... they don't understand that these are both my kids and I know them super well . my son is a amazing kid but if I thought he did something I'd have his ass . but I know this is just her feeding our daughter lies so that we will not get her . shes really Sad like that ...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
yes. we have spoken to worker. she said its a red light that after I took her to court she made a claim . and no she was not living with us just staying a few days
but never left alone ..... they don't understand that these are both my kids and I know them super well . my son is a amazing kid but if I thought he did something I'd have his ass . but I know this is just her feeding our daughter lies so that we will not get her . shes really Sad like that ...
So did DCFS get a court order? If not, they have no power. They need a court order. YOU do NOT have to cooperate with them without them having a court order. So why are you talking to those power freaks?

Antigone*

What type of official involvement does DCFS have? Have there been any hearings or court orders?

downey562

What type of official involvement does DCFS have? Have there been any hearings or court orders?

no none yet . let me just say this : we are church ppl we live a best we can Christ like life . my son is head of bible club at freshman year. he's on the worship team my wife and I are leaders in our church = many well to do thing = when we got this kinda news it was not only a SLAP in the face but it shook us at our core . we are just so shocked - we don't know how to deal with this. we are not seasoned in this area what so ever. thanks for listing ppl :eek:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
no none yet . let me just say this : we are church ppl we live a best we can Christ like life . my son is head of bible club at freshman year. he's on the worship team my wife and I are leaders in our church = many well to do thing = when we got this kinda news it was not only a SLAP in the face but it shook us at our core . we are just so shocked - we don't know how to deal with this. we are not seasoned in this area what so ever. thanks for listing ppl :eek:
Church-going folks commit crimes too...

I'm just sayin'

downey562

Church-going folks commit crimes too...

I'm just sayin'
yes for sure . we are just ppl . but it was a back ground . and as I said if I thought he did something like that id have is ass my SELF
but its not the case .... this dude is a ACE and id hate to see something like this make his light shine down .

PS people LIE too , Im just saying .

Antigone*

Unless there is a court order restricting your son from his home, then he should be at home. I suggest you get an attorney to help you through this. You will want them to help you close the DCFS case and then deal with the custody issue. Remember unless DCFS has a court order don't let them in your home and don't speak to them without your attorney present.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Many church-going people commit crimes. Many are child molestors. Many do bad things. The point is though you don't have to cooperate with DCFS. Why you would even talk to them is beyond me. Don't cooperate with them. Don't listen to them. Don't let them in your house. Don't kick out your son. Just don't.

downey562

Many church-going people commit crimes. Many are child molestors. Many do bad things. The point is though you don't have to cooperate with DCFS. Why you would even talk to them is beyond me. Don't cooperate with them. Don't listen to them. Don't let them in your house. Don't kick out your son. Just don't.
ok... I get the whole people do bad things deal. but thank you for your guys information we just don't know the Game . and when you don't know the game your an easy target .....

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
ok... I get the whole people do bad things deal. but thank you for your guys information we just don't know the Game . and when you don't know the game your an easy target .....
That is what DCFS/CPS/CSB and the whole lot of them count on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">