• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is a reasonable sentance to expect?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A Concerned Mom

What is the name of your state? Georgia.

My daughter stole $6. from a bank on 5/22/07 by leaning in a teller window and basically picking up 6 Susan B.'s and pocketing them. It was caught on video. She turned 12 on 5/25/07, was 11 at time of theft and arrest. Never been in trouble or arrested before. B student.

Any ideas what to expect? JDC/YDC? Probation? Community Service? All of the above? For a week? a month? A year? More? Being a holiday, no lawyers have yet been contacted and I just wish I had some remote clue of the minimum/maximum penalty(s) to expect. Nobody in my/our family has ever been in trouble before so this is rocking my world. Thankfully, she is in my custody.

It is a misdemeanor and the bank is prosecuting but has requested it be dealt w/ locally not federally and the Sheriff's Office has agreed to that.

THANK YOU ALL.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the statute she is charged under? That would be important. Because we could guess but unless we know the exact charges it would not be accurate. It is very possible she could get community service and restitution without jail time. She will also most probably be banned from that bank. Hopefully she is also without all her toys, games, electronics and you stripped her bedroom down to her bed, dresser and alarm clock, until such time as she can earn back everything else.

CourtClerk

Wow...an 11 year old bank robber. By the time I got done with my child, he'd be wishing he DID go to jail....

But OG is right...if she wants to act like a criminal, then make sure her home life is as close to prison as it can be for a considerable amount of time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">