• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Whats going to happen?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rasp66

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

April 1st a friend and I decided that we wanted to get a little drunk. So I ask my sister if she could provide us with alcohol. She says yes ofcourse I have hookups. She asks a friend to get us alcohol, and my sisters friend gets the alcohol from a 30 yr old lady....who gives the alcohol to my sisters friend....who then gives it to my sister. My luck...ofcourse we get caught that night and my friend and I just have to go to diversion classes so the minor consumption doesn't go on our record. The cop told us that if my sister told him who she got the alcohol from that she would be free of consequences. So we did that. Now....3 months later we get a thing in the mail saying my sister has to show up in court August 20th WTF!? It says that we need a lawyer (which we can't afford) and the maximum sentence is 1 year in jail and a $3000 fine.

What the hell should we do?

What will the punishment be for my sister? She is 19.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No one here has a crystal ball to tell you what's going to happen or what punishment your sister will get.

What you need to do is find a lawyer. I know you said you can't afford one. Find one anyway.

outonbail

The police do not have to tell you the truth, they can claim just about anything to get you to confess and/or give up information. So forget about making any claim that the officer said blah blah blah, because it doesn't matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">