• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who's wrong?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CoH

What is the name of your state? California

Let's call them "Joe" and "Jim"

Joe purposely throws a beanbag at Jim's head. It hits Jim's head and Joe laughs at Jim. Jim threatens to hurt Joe if the same thing happens again. Jim moves away from Joe, not wanting to get hit again. Minutes later, Joe again hits Jim with the beanbag, this time at the groin. Joe laughs loudly and taunts Jim. Jim loses his temper and punches Joe. Joe gets Jim in a bad position and hits Jim twice on the head. Jim's glasses come off in the process, and Joe decides to step on the glasses in order to break them.

Who did wrong and why?

Last edited:

Just Blue

It's not homework... Just something that happened to a friend today. If there's a common homework question similar to this, please tell me it and I'll read on it...
They are both at fault...Joe for being a pain in the as$ and Jim for escalating it to a new level...;)

CdwJava

CoH said:
Let's call them "Joe" and "Jim"

Joe purposely throws a beanbag at Jim's head. It hits Jim's head and Joe laughs at Jim. Jim threatens to hurt Joe if the same thing happens again. Jim moves away from Joe, not wanting to get hit again. Minutes later, Joe again hits Jim with the beanbag, this time at the groin. Joe laughs loudly and taunts Jim. Jim loses his temper and punches Joe. Joe gets Jim in a bad position and hits Jim twice on the head. Jim's glasses come off in the process, and Joe decides to step on the glasses in order to break them.

Who did wrong and why?
Joe and Jim can both theoretically be charged with battery (three instances by Joe, one by Jim), and Joe can also be charged with vandalism.

If Joe and Jim want to report this stupid turn of events, they can go right ahead. I wouldn't expect the DA to file, but you never know.

Oh, and Jim should take Joe to small claims court for the glasses.

- Carl

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And their dads should take them out behind the barn and tan their backsides.

Please tell me these are eight year olds we're talking about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">