• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Would like police report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kids

What is the name of your state? ohio
It's been two weeks since my son spoke with the police. I went to the police department and filled out a form to request a copy of the police report. My son was never read his rights, and I do not know exactly what he is being charged with. A police officer said he will get papers in the mail. The dispatcher said the Police Cheif said I could get a copy of the police report through diclosure. I do not have an attorney. How else can I get a copy of the police report ? The dispatcher also said the investigation is still pending?????
My son was envolved with some boys that went egging. No damages, everything was cleaned up, apologize were made, punishments dealt and noone other than the police are pressing charges. Attorneys are exspensive so I would like to see that report to know if I really need to get one.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The report will likely only be provided to you via your son's attorney. I'd suggest you give some serious thought to at least getting your son a consultation with one, pronto. You can't represent him in court, and I doubt that he's capable of defending himself at 15.

BelizeBreeze

Kids said:
What is the name of your state? ohio
It's been two weeks since my son spoke with the police. I went to the police department and filled out a form to request a copy of the police report. My son was never read his rights, and I do not know exactly what he is being charged with. A police officer said he will get papers in the mail. The dispatcher said the Police Cheif said I could get a copy of the police report through diclosure.
And the dispatcher and chief are full of crap. Disclosure is part of a legal proceeding of which there is none yet.
I do not have an attorney. How else can I get a copy of the police report ? The dispatcher also said the investigation is still pending?????
If the investigation is still in progress, then you won't get a copy.
My son was envolved with some boys that went egging. No damages, everything was cleaned up, apologize were made, punishments dealt and noone other than the police are pressing charges. Attorneys are exspensive so I would like to see that report to know if I really need to get one.
stop watching all the cop shows on TV. Not every incident resulting in a charge requires Miranda warnings.

and by the way, YOU cannot file a disclosure demand. You are not an attorney and cannot represent your son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">