• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

yet another underage drinking related thread

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

magdalena

state: indiana

i'm a 17 year old (though my 18th birthday will be march 3rd) who was at a party that got ****ed around midnight last night. some kids ran, and others like myself chose to stay. 3 of the 18 year olds got arrested. the rest of the underage kids all had to call their parents, and when the parents arrived the cops said something about "you'll be getting a phone call" and something about "probationary something" . i was a little scuzzy, so i'm not sure wtf people were saying.

does anyone know what this could possibly mean or what will happen? do you think they'll even call?

i've made virtually all straight A's and have taken AP classes all through my high school career. i've also never been in trouble with the law before. i think the worst thing (obviously, besides everything court related) that could immediately be coming out of this is something related to probation and thus ****ing my already-bought trip to jamaica for spring break.

so what do you guys think the deal is?

HomeGuru

magdalena said:
state: indiana

i'm a 17 year old (though my 18th birthday will be march 3rd) who was at a party that got ****ed around midnight last night. some kids ran, and others like myself chose to stay. 3 of the 18 year olds got arrested. the rest of the underage kids all had to call their parents, and when the parents arrived the cops said something about "you'll be getting a phone call" and something about "probationary something" . i was a little scuzzy, so i'm not sure wtf people were saying.

does anyone know what this could possibly mean or what will happen? do you think they'll even call?

i've made virtually all straight A's and have taken AP classes all through my high school career. i've also never been in trouble with the law before. i think the worst thing (obviously, besides everything court related) that could immediately be coming out of this is something related to probation and thus ****ing my already-bought trip to jamaica for spring break.

so what do you guys think the deal is?

**A: call the police and ask them the question.

magdalena

HomeGuru said:
**A: why not, you're a straight A student.
i'm not sure how my academics can determine the ease in which i could call the police, asking them what would probably be the most ridiculous question they've heard all month. you're not that funny, man.

and my gpa is a 4.3.

real advice would be well received.

Just Blue

magdalena said:
i'm not sure how my academics can determine the ease in which i could call the police, asking them what would probably be the most ridiculous question they've heard all month. you're not that funny, man.

and my gpa is a 4.3.

Not a straight A student...Tell the truth now...;)
And you did get real advice...

magdalena

no, just the aggregate sum of all my classes have not been AP courses. a 5.000 would entail this.

and note the use of the word virtually. i have received a B+ in AP chem one semester and a B+ in AP calc, but the rest have been A's.

jesus, these are just trifling facts.

let me put it like this: how about real advice pertinent to my initial questions?

Just Blue

magdalena said:
no, just the aggregate sum of all my classes have not been AP courses. a 5.000 would entail this.

and note the use of the word virtually. i have received a B+ in AP chem one semester and a B+ in AP calc, but the rest have been A's.

jesus, these are just trifling facts.

let me put it like this: how about real advice pertinent to my initial questions?
You're right ...I did miss the word "virtually"...sorry...

But really the best thing to do is call the police and ask them...It's not that big a deal...;)

Good luck and stay out of trouble ....You have a bright future ahead of you....Don't screw it up with this crap!!
:)

Wolflmg

magdalena said:

and my gpa is a 4.3.

Just because you have good grades and a above average gpa, does not mean it would be any different if you were an average student. The rules don't change for anyone. You were underage and drinking and you got to do the time, which will probably be paying fines, community service hours and possibly having a crewfue.

For having a gpa, as high as your, you should have known better. But if you go to court thinking that, that is going to save you, your wrong.

Happy Trails

IC 7.1-5-7-7
Illegal possession
Sec. 7. (a) It is a Class C misdemeanor for a minor to knowingly:
(1) possess an alcoholic beverage;
(2) consume it; or
(3) transport it on a public highway when not accompanied by at least one (1) of his parents or guardians.
(b) If a minor is found to have violated subsection (a) while operating a motor vehicle, the court may order the minor's driver's license suspended for up to one (1) year. However, if the minor is less than eighteen (18) years of age, the court shall order the minor's driver's license suspended for at least sixty (60) days.
(c) The court shall deliver any order suspending the minor's driver's license under this section to the bureau of motor vehicles, which shall suspend the minor's driver's license under IC 9-24-18-12 for the period ordered by the court.

(Formerly: Acts 1973, P.L.55, SEC.1.) As amended by Acts 1978, P.L.2, SEC.710; Acts 1982, P.L.69, SEC.15; P.L.53-1994, SEC.1.

Class C misdemeanor is a fine up to $500 and/or jail up to 60 days.

More information:

http://www.iub.edu/~iupd/alcohol.htm

magdalena

thanks for all the well wishes.

i realize this was a mistake, but it is hardly suggestive of any other kind of problem. i had just gotten off the drug accutane, and for the whole period of use i abstained from alcohol (and of course everything else). this is 6 months of nothing. it was kind of a pat on my back, a celebration for having a social life again, a celebration for not taxing my liver to the extent it would have been if i drank on the drug.

but i guess this is what unfortunate luck is.

and happy trails, are those stipulations the same everywhere in indiana or just regarding the university? are the punishments the same, et cetera? thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">