• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

14 days past deposit return date. MANY OTHER ISSUES

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lsentz

What is the name of your state? Washington

I live in Oregon now. The issue took place in Washington state. long story short. We are a Army famliy, Husband got orders without warning to leave for overseas (korea) I have a medical Illness (SLE LUPUS) so I needed to be closer to family to help with children etc. We were 1 day shy of our 20 day notice due to no time from getting Military orders. we still paid the full months rent for the next month even tho only lived there 1 week of that month. I wrote a letter and sent it pleading our case and Landlord did not respond. When I went to move out he is trying to claim all these things to take our deposit of $1200. Today (August 21 2003) it is 14 days after moving out, and I have heard nothing about our deposit, no letter of charges or money to be returned. I have never failed a government inspection in 11 years (Military Housing). I had family there as witnesses when moving in and out. The Landlord failed to meet his obligations in many ways. We left it alone at the time. I.e siding on house, electrical outlets, light hanging in garage by wire, car engines, etc in gagrage in which were a danger to my children. Rats in the attic in which the landlord told us about and placed poison up thereknowing they were there. rent was $975 a month in which we always paid on time. This house was dirty when we moved in and he stated that out of his mouth. I had to clean as I moved in it was so dirty. He is trying to claim I have to pay a cleanning team out of the deposit, in which it is not in the lease agreement. and the house was spotless. This Landlord has been takken to court before by another Tenant for a legal case with fleas. There is much much more we could disscuss over the phone. Like I said I had my mother , father and his mother there as wittness at both walk thrus. And a camera full of pictures of they day we left. Thank you so much I hope someone can help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">