• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 day to pay rent or quit notice served after an ineffective eviction notice in SF

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brucesanfran

I'm a master tenant in San Francisco and served on my roommate, that is my sub-tenant, a one-and-a half month move out notice 2 months ago. The reason was my brother was moving in.He said nothing during this 1.5 month until last day.He said it was not a just cause and even it was, I had to pay him $1000. The following day he wanted to pay me the rent for the new month but I didn't accept it. I said I had to talk to an attorney and check with the Rent Board first. It turned out it was not a just cause and later when I decided to collect the rent, he just ignored me. If I now serve him a 3 day to pay rent or quit notice, will the first ineffective eviction notice affect me in any way? Can I still serve him the 3 day to pay rent or quit notice now? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">