• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

30 day notice to vacate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tonyj1992

I stay in Christian County Kentucky, I was given a 30 Day notice to vacate my apartment. I am currently under a 6 month lease and my lease isn't up until September. I read that legally my landlord is not within their rights. I was never late on any rental payments, never received any complaints from neighbors, and breached none of the rules in my lease agreement. If anyone knows what I am owed by my landlord or any links that can be posted to explain to my rights that would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

FarmerJ

You do have a copy of this lease ? if so re read it to make sure that it did not give the landlord the ability to change any of the terms of it before the lease is up , ( if the lease has a set date) that it ends then I would suggest the LLs notice wording could have been better so You may want to send via certified mail a letter reminding the LL of the end date on the lease and you will vacate by the end of the lease.

BL

You do have a copy of this lease ? if so re read it to make sure that it did not give the landlord the ability to change any of the terms of it before the lease is up , ( if the lease has a set date) that it ends then I would suggest the LLs notice wording could have been better so You may want to send via certified mail a letter reminding the LL of the end date on the lease and you will vacate by the end of the lease.
Doesn't matter The State's Law rule,anything wriiten ito a leade that's not State Law is uneforcable.

So what reason was given for to vacate? Could be vaid or not ,find out from your LL Why.and if it ain't right consult a LL/Tenant attorney with your leade in hand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">