• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

60 day notice on apartment move out lost

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverwolf0

Houston texas

I signed a 60 day notice that i was about to move out of my apartment and gave it to management. Apparently they changed management since then and when i came back to give them the keys they said i did not give them 60 day notice and that i would be charged an additional 2 months rent which is $2100. They showed me my file folder and said the written notice i had signed was not there. I did not make a copy of the original notice. I am also thinking of ignoring it completely although i don't know what the legal ramifications are and how it will affect my credit score.

Btw I'm in Houston Texas

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I signed a 60 day notice that i was about to move out of my apartment and gave it to management. Apparently they changed management since then and when i came back to give them the keys they said i did not give them 60 day notice and that i would be charged an additional 2 months rent which is $2100. They showed me my file folder and said the written notice i had signed was not there. I did not make a copy of the original notice. I am also thinking of ignoring it completely although i don't know what the legal ramifications are and how it will affect my credit score.

Btw I'm in Houston Texas
If you have no proof that you gave notice, then how do you intend to prove that you gave notice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">