• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandonment of Property in Pa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

twinbc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

The tenant left large heavy lawn mover in middle of driveway after posting pay or quit notice for non payment of 3 months rent. He moved out and said he would pick up the mower on a certain date however never did. I had it removed 2 months later in order to have full access to the driveway and to show house for new potential tenants.

Now 3 months later, he is looking for his mower. What are my obligations in Pennsylvania? Any Pa law website that will be helpful?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

Gail in Georgia

Gee, what lawn mower? If the tenant left this in the middle of the driveway for several months, someone must have stolen it one night.

Gail

cyjeff

When you sent him the letter that included the phrase, "get your property by X date or I will have it removed", what did he say?

Or, did you just think, "It has been long enough. I don't have to tell anyone and will just have it removed."

cyjeff

Gee, what lawn mower? If the tenant left this in the middle of the driveway for several months, someone must have stolen it one night.

Gail
I would typically suggest against any action which would require anyone to participate in the filing of a false police report.

If a mower is large enough to block a driveway, it is large enough to be reported stolen to the police.

Further, it would also make the LL a party to the "crime".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">