+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Abuse of Authority in Housing Court

    What is the name of your state?NY

    I received an eviction notice and inturn filed an Order to Show Cause, which was signed. However, upon my return one week later the judge rendered a decision for me to pay a surcharge without reviewing any supporting documents from the landlord's attorney.

    Can I have this decision overturned? Should I address the Administrative Judge?

    She also questioned my smiling in the courtroom and stated this is not a joke and seemingly appeared to display an abuse of authority.

    Please advsise.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    "Harvey and Me"
    do you think standing in front of the same judge telling her you think her decision wasn't right is a good idea?

  3. #3
    While I'm sure the judge acted entirely appropriately, if there is a specific written decision or order you wish to appeal, the instuctions can be found here: [url]http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/nyc/housing/appeals2.shtml[/url]

    Note the time constraints, as well as the potential cost. Filing a frivilous appeal can have serious consequences, not the least of which is being forced to pay for the other side's attorney's fees for having to respond to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility
    Once you get to crazy land, it is only a guess on how to get out.
+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Ex lying to Housing Authority
    By amherst1203 in forum Child Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-27-2012, 04:06 PM
  2. Housing Authority
    By JoeWestwood in forum Other Government & Administrative Law Matters
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 11:20 AM
  3. Can housing authority do this?
    By chldrnrspcl in forum Landlord / Tenant Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 12:55 PM
  4. chicago housing authority
    By jamila12 in forum Landlord / Tenant Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.