• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Afraid to let anyone stay overnight at apt.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

violas

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
After reading these posts about deadbeats and freeloaders I am wondering if I will ever let anyone stay overnight. I do have an out of state friend who said she would like to come and see me and stay overnight for 3 nights at my apt. If she did refuse to leave after 3 nights would I have to go to court to get her legally evicted?:confused: I don't think she would do such a thing but I am afraid. Thanks.

FarmerJ

How long have you known this friend ? if its someone you have known for the last 20 yrs and they have a life elsewhere its low risk they will overstay. If it feels too uncomfortable then offer a list of places you checked out the rates that are reasonable motel /hotel rooms.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Also, keep in mind that hundreds of thousands of people have overnight guests who do not overstay and do not have to be evicted. But those people do not write to message boards. Why would they? Nothing happened for which they need legal advice.

violas

Thanks all. My friend will not overstay her visit. I guess I just got overly paranoid after reading about all of these deadbeats and freeloaders.;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">