• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

air condition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ed goins

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona I live in a apartment comples that furnish all unilities. well for the pass the aircondition has not been working correctely at this present time the temp is 94 in my unit and from talking to the othere tenants theirs is close to the same or hotter. can i move with out fear of violatimng my lease agreement?

FarmerJ

If the utils are inc does your lease bar you from putting in a window A/c unit ? how many times in writting have you complained to your LL that the a/c is not working ?

Gail in Georgia

What do you mean the air conditioner is not working correctly, how long has this been a problem and what have you and the other tenants done to notify management of this?

Gail

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona I live in a apartment comples that furnish all unilities. well for the pass the aircondition has not been working correctely at this present time the temp is 94 in my unit and from talking to the othere tenants theirs is close to the same or hotter. can i move with out fear of violatimng my lease agreement?
**A: the answer is no due to the fact that there are certain provisions in your lease agreement and in state statutes giving you a specific protocol that must be followed. You are required to give the landlord writen notice to correct the problem.

Who's Liable?

**A: the answer is no due to the fact that there are certain provisions in your lease agreement and in state statutes giving you a specific protocol that must be followed. You are required to give the landlord writen notice to correct the problem.
Correct.

AZ LL/T laws require LLs to provide "adequate heat and air conditioning", 94 degrees in the unit is NOT considered adequate.

OP must send a WRITTEN request for repairs, demanding the A/C be repaired within 10 days, or they can legally break their lease.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">