• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Apparently i owe 6 months rent for a flat i occupied rent free as part of my salary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Leonnie

:confused: I used to work in a pub and live on the premises. When i got my promotion and was discussing my salary (or so called pay-rise) and how it was insufficant the manager pointed out that i live in the flat rent free. This was agreed that day when my salary was finalised. I have since left but made a claim to employment tribunal for other reasons. Now they have sent me a letter saying that i owe them 6months rent. They are also claiming they have sent me letters demanding money throughout my occupation of the flat, they have claimed they took copies before they were sent. They sent the so-called copies too but this is the first i have heard on this matter and considering we agreed it was going to be rent free in the first place it is evident that they are telling bold face lies in a bid to punish me for tribunal action. And the letters are fraudulent and i am positive that they were all written on the same day and never sent to me previously as they are claiming they were. I dont know what to do? I cant afford a solicitor and i am not paying rent on a property which as far as i am concerned was a perk of the job benifit that was given to me to subsidise my low salary. This malicious falsehood could cause me great financial loss, is there anybody that can help me???

seniorjudge

:confused: I used to work in a pub and live on the premises. When i got my promotion and was discussing my salary (or so called pay-rise) and how it was insufficant the manager pointed out that i live in the flat rent free. This was agreed that day when my salary was finalised. I have since left but made a claim to employment tribunal for other reasons. Now they have sent me a letter saying that i owe them 6months rent. They are also claiming they have sent me letters demanding money throughout my occupation of the flat, they have claimed they took copies before they were sent. They sent the so-called copies too but this is the first i have heard on this matter and considering we agreed it was going to be rent free in the first place it is evident that they are telling bold face lies in a bid to punish me for tribunal action. And the letters are fraudulent and i am positive that they were all written on the same day and never sent to me previously as they are claiming they were. I dont know what to do? I cant afford a solicitor and i am not paying rent on a property which as far as i am concerned was a perk of the job benifit that was given to me to subsidise my low salary. This malicious falsehood could cause me great financial loss, is there anybody that can help me???
US law only....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">