• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back rent owed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lvangeyten

I owe back rent, and have agreed verbally with my landlord to give moneu weekly. If i run into an issue with paying other bills and do not have money that week, i do inform him and let him know. However, he has decides to file for recovery of property or money owed. The original lease, which i do have, has me and my ex listed as tenants. He never rewrote the lease when my ex moved. However, if on the line for total amount owed during the term of the lease, which was one year, is listed as $875, which is supposed to be the monthly payment, do i have a chance of getting the rent owed dismissed? My landlord filled everything out, and all parties had signed. We had tried to correct him, before signing, and he said that was fine.

STEPHAN

Sorry, US law only.

(You deleted the question about the state.)

Obviously you agreed to the 875 monthly and paid it.

lvangeyten

Sorry, im located in Pennsylvania. My question is regarding how the original lease is filled out. Im curious with the total amount due over the term of the lease being listed as $875, would my landlord actually be entitled to collecting any of the money owed? Only asking, because according to that amount - ive lived in the property for a year and a half - and until a few konths ago, when i lost my hob, i had payed him up to date every month. As well as, given him money every week until last week, when i just didnt have any extra to spare after paying other bills.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sorry, im located in Pennsylvania. My question is regarding how the original lease is filled out. Im curious with the total amount due over the term of the lease being listed as $875, would my landlord actually be entitled to collecting any of the money owed? Only asking, because according to that amount - ive lived in the property for a year and a half - and until a few konths ago, when i lost my hob, i had payed him up to date every month. As well as, given him money every week until last week, when i just didnt have any extra to spare after paying other bills.
A simple and obvious error such as that won't get you out of what you owe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">