• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Wiring..Is Landlord responsible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MammaC

OHIO..My landlord was told numerous times the wiring was bad and ignored it and the house burned and destroyed everything i had...Is he responsible for this?

ENASNI

Um

MammaC said:
OHIO..My landlord was told numerous times the wiring was bad and ignored it and the house burned and destroyed everything i had...Is he responsible for this?
It entirely depends who told him.
Was it inspected by the housing authority. Did the Fire inspector say it was bas wiring that started the fire?... Did you have insurance?

Question

My question is do you have renters ins. If not why in the hell not. If any LL told me the wiring was bad then I would have hustled my butt to an ins co and bought renters ins before I even moved in. for a person to rent a place knowing the wiring is bad is plain stupidity. Renters ins is not that expensive and for someone not to have it is playing russian roulette

MammaC

No Ins.

ENASNI said:
It entirely depends who told him.
Was it inspected by the housing authority. Did the Fire inspector say it was bas wiring that started the fire?... Did you have insurance?
No Ins...And no it was not inspected by housing authority because it burnt before they came out to inspect it, but yes I had called them prior to my house burning..And yes the Fire Inspector said it was bad wiring...

MammaC

No Insurance

SkeeterBug said:
My question is do you have renters ins. If not why in the hell not. If any LL told me the wiring was bad then I would have hustled my butt to an ins co and bought renters ins before I even moved in. for a person to rent a place knowing the wiring is bad is plain stupidity. Renters ins is not that expensive and for someone not to have it is playing russian roulette
I didn`t have insurance..I did not rent the house knowing about the wiring..I found out later..After the fire the fire inspector said the landlord had put new wiring onto old wiring without any junction boxes.(.whatever that means)And I don`t have insurance because I lost my job (Plant closed and moved to another state to get cheap labor)..And still haven`t found work...

MammaC

MammaC said:
OHIO...No Ins...And no it was not inspected by housing authority because it burnt before they came out to inspect it, but yes I had called them prior to my house burning..And yes the Fire Inspector said it was bad wiring...
He(LL) was told by several people..but not by an offical..He knew because he kept promising to come and put in new breakers because they were blowing at least 5 to 10 times a day..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">