• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bed Bugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SeekingJustice3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Hello,

One of my tenants has bed bugs in her apartment. I have already exterminated for them once and she seems to have them again. Is a landlord responsible to clear out the bed bugs every time they appear in her apartment?

Thank you.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Hello,

One of my tenants has bed bugs in her apartment. I have already exterminated for them once and she seems to have them again. Is a landlord responsible to clear out the bed bugs every time they appear in her apartment?

Thank you.
**A: yes and no.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Just a word of warning on the OP -- she is a deleter who will get rid of threads if she doens't like what you have to say or don't tell her what you want to hear. Also, don't ask her questions or she will not answer them and will delete her threads. She has done it in the family law section. She also got extremely rude and arrogant with members there.

Alaska landlord

OP, it appears you have a cyber stalker!:eek:

Check out your state and local ordinances. The tenants probably introduced the bugs in themselves by buying used beds and furniture. They need to have everything treated to get rid of the bugs. If you don't solve the problem it will spread to the other apartments. either the bugs have to go or the tenants do. If you choose to terminate their lease, you will have a better chance with the bugs. For your sake, I hope they are M2M tenants.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">