• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bed Bugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gwynevier

I am in Ontario so this would be Canadian law.

I am living in a room in Toronto. I have killed bed bugs in my bed a night. I have told landlady but she does not do enough and I am still being bit.
I want to call the Board of Health but I am afraid that I will get evicted in retaliation. I have no lease. What are the steps I can take legally and can I hold back part of my rent until problem is solved? Thank you.

TinkerBelleLuvr

I am in Ontario so this would be Canadian law.

I am living in a room in Toronto. I have killed bed bugs in my bed a night. I have told landlady but she does not do enough and I am still being bit.
I want to call the Board of Health but I am afraid that I will get evicted in retaliation. I have no lease. What are the steps I can take legally and can I hold back part of my rent until problem is solved? Thank you.
US Law only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">