• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being evicted need help now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chaka110

My landlord decided to raise the rent 2 weeks into the month. On the 2nd of the next month he approached me at 6:30am, asking for the entire rent amount. I have been living here for 3 years. There has nver been a writen lease aggreement. It has all been verbal. Now I find out that he does not own the property at all. His girlfriend does. I have made all my checks payable to him. I also have allways paid the rent at various times of the month. This was done in increments. For example: I made three payments for Septembers rent, $300, $300, and $300. All of the payments were made in the month of September. I have been doing this for 3 years. I have the bank records and canceled checks to prove it. I need advice now before the 5 day deadline for me to respond.

H

happy&lucky

Sorry without a lease chances are the landlord will prevail, and the judge might give you an extra month or two to move.

Thats the chances you take if you dont have a lease, better luck in your new place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">