• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being kicked out without notice!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KirstenL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

I have lived with my future Mother-in law- with my fiance. We have not paid rent in exchange for helping her care for her handicapped daughter(lots of issues there) Today she told me she wants us out and our belongings out by Friday at 6pm. I have no where to go and no where to put all my things. There is tension between her and my fiance ( her son) so she blew up and said this suddenly. She also attacked him physically and threw some of my things across my room last night. This address is on my ID. We have lived here as a family for two years! Can she just do this? HELP!

Who's Liable?

tell her to pound sand...

She is your LL, adn absent a signed lease, you are automatically a month-to-month tenant with all rights reserved normal tenants.

She needs to give you PROPER notice to vacate. Check with your states LL/T laws as Texas is not the norm.

If she is getting violent, call the police as it becomes a domestic issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">