• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bill of particulars

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thebee

What is the name of your state? Virginia

My attorney has asked the court for a bill of particulars from my ex landlord, can some one explain?

JETX

Simply, a "Motion for Bill of Particulars" is a request for the court to ask that you provide specific facts alleging where they movant has liability, or was liable. Apparently, your complaint is too vague or confusing.... and that prevents the defendant from understanding what you are trying to claim.

Simply, they are asking that you provide a detailed listing and explanation of the claims being made.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

thebee said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia

My attorney has asked the court for a bill of particulars from my ex landlord, can some one explain?
My response:

In Virginia, a motion for "Bill of Particulars" is a request that the court make its order that your former landlord state, with specificity, the exact facts that comprise the cause of action, and the amounts demanded for each of those "Particular" facts. For example, "Carpet Damage" = $500.00; "Unpaid Rent" = $3,000.00; etc., etc.

The case cannot go forward to "decision" until such time as the Plaintiff complies with the court's order.

IAAL

T

thebee

Thats great, I was advised by a member on this board to get an attorney, and I an so glad I did, so,,, if my landlord charged me 10 dollars for lightbulbs the judge is going to ask for reciepts,, My attorney also asked for a change in the court date, which he got , I will let you all know the outcome as soon as this nightmare is over, who knows maybe I will get my security deposit back, that would be wonderful, I have been screwed over so many times, its not funny,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">