• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

billed incorrect late fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kwklein

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I have been late quite a few times on my rent and have paid late fees. I understand that.

In the course of figuring out how much I actulaly owe, I was given an amount that would catch me up and I paid it.

A month or so later, I was told that the bookkeeper gave me the wrong amount and charged me late fees.

Since I paid the amount I was told I owed, am I liable for the late fees? Had I been told the correct amount, I would have paid that.

I understand that I need to pay late fees when I'm really late, but if it's due to an error on the landlord's part, I don't feel that I should have to pay.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thank you.

BL

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I have been late quite a few times on my rent and have paid late fees. I understand that.

In the course of figuring out how much I actulaly owe, I was given an amount that would catch me up and I paid it.

A month or so later, I was told that the bookkeeper gave me the wrong amount and charged me late fees.

Since I paid the amount I was told I owed, am I liable for the late fees? Had I been told the correct amount, I would have paid that.

I understand that I need to pay late fees when I'm really late, but if it's due to an error on the landlord's part, I don't feel that I should have to pay.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thank you.
You can't keep track , yourself , since you knew you were late ? , with proofs of the right amount ?

Cvillecpm

Pay the amount with a note on your check in the MEMO section that this is your FINAL payment on late fees and keep current in your rent in the future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">