• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boyfriend Abandon me and apartment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

purringkittenzz

What is the name of your state?CA
My boyfriend and I have been living in this apartment for almost 1 year. He decided to move without warning to me. He apparently has given the landlord his 30 day notice. I have not been given anything as of yet, to when he did this. The landlord told me that I will have to reapply and qualify in order to stay. My income is not three times the rent, which is a requirement. Can she evict me, if so, when, .. at the end of His 30 day notice, which I am not sure when that is?? :(

BL

purringkittenzz said:
What is the name of your state?CA
My boyfriend and I have been living in this apartment for almost 1 year. He decided to move without warning to me. He apparently has given the landlord his 30 day notice. I have not been given anything as of yet, to when he did this. The landlord told me that I will have to reapply and qualify in order to stay. My income is not three times the rent, which is a requirement. Can she evict me, if so, when, .. at the end of His 30 day notice, which I am not sure when that is?? :(
Are you on the paperwork as a tenant ?

If you can't pay the rent , the LL can start eviction immediately , otherwise the LL should give YOU a full 30 days ( conditioned on you pay the rent ) .

Decide if you can pay a months rent , then try working with the LL . If you can not pay that amount , I suggest looking for an affordable place Immediately .

purringkittenzz

Abandoned-Please help

CA

If my boyfriend has requested his name of the lease(month to month) in 30 days, does that mean I have to be out in that same 30 days also, if they dont notify me? This is soo confusing and frustrating. I feel like I am having my living situation decided for me and they arent notifying me of anything. And what is worse he left me being the sole provider and me having a child, not his but was acting as she was:(

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

Call legal aid on Tuesday. If your name is on the lease you should not have to reapply. Are you getting child support from the child's father?

purringkittenzz

Abandoned please help me

Ca

Yes I am, that is about the only thing I have good going right now :) And yes, my name is on the Lease, gosh I hope your right. We have been good tenants, so not sure why the landlord is in a rush to get rid of me.

HomeGuru

purringkittenzz said:
Ca

Yes I am, that is about the only thing I have good going right now :) And yes, my name is on the Lease, gosh I hope your right. We have been good tenants, so not sure why the landlord is in a rush to get rid of me.

**A: and you have no fixed lease therefore you are a m/m tenant correct?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">