• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boyfriend won't leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

christine05

What is the name of your state? Maryland

My boyfriend has been living with me in my house for about 6 months. Things haven't been working out and i have asked him to leave within 2 weeks.

He says he will leave on one condition - that i move to a different development. He says he isn't going to move out until i let him know that i found another place.

He also has a house in the same development and we both agree that it would be difficult and since he was first in the development i said i would look elsewhere.

But i don't want him to stay in my house while i get things straight.

Does the law give him the right to make such demands?

How can i get him to leave now while i am looking for another place (which may take months)?

Please help!

Last edited:

BL

He has a residence of his own besides living with you ?

If so you could call the police and tell them you want him to leave , he has his OWN place of residence .

If the police won't force him to leave , then give him 30 written notice to vacate . If he don't start eviction action .

S

seniorjudge

christine05 said:

My boyfriend has been living with me in my house for about 6 months. Things haven't been working out and i have asked him to leave within 2 weeks.

He says he will leave on one condition - that i move to a different development. He says he isn't going to move out until i let him know that i found another place.

He also has a house in the same development and we both agree that it would be difficult and since he was first in the development i said i would look elsewhere.

How can i get him to leave now while i am looking for another place (which may take months)?

Please help!

Have your new boyfriend change the locks so the old boyfriend can't get in.

S

seniorjudge

that was not nice, how do you know there is a new one?

christine05 said:
...My boyfriend has been living with me in my house for about 6 months. Things haven't been working out and i have asked him to leave within 2 weeks....

S

seniorjudge

veronicalouise said:
I still don't see where she mentions new and old boyfriend. I only see one boyfriend that she is trying to get rid of. Says nothing about new boyfriend wanting to move in, only getting rid of boyfriend that is there now.
I don't think I said anything about new boyfriend moving in, but people say things like that when they have found a new honey. I've heard that many times...from other people in other relationships. Well, come to think of it, I've been told that myself a couple of times and used the same line a couple of times too!

christine05

no there isn't any guy

Hello,

No there isn't another guy. What happen is that i started dating this guy too soon after i separated from my husband and didn't allow myself proper time to heal and grow.

i dated/lived with this guy for about a year. we split up and moved into separate places. then after about 3-4 months we got back together then he moved back in with me.

and i don't like how things are going and just feel i am going to keep making the same mistakes with relationships unless i take the time to heal... i think this is turning into a message for a different forum (relationships)

I have checked with my local police and since he has some of his belongings in - i have to file for eviction - which i plan to do this week.

if you have any other comments or thoughts to help me through this - i would greatly appreciate it.

state - maryland

BL

christine05 said:
Hello,

No there isn't another guy. What happen is that i started dating this guy too soon after i separated from my husband and didn't allow myself proper time to heal and grow.

i dated/lived with this guy for about a year. we split up and moved into separate places. then after about 3-4 months we got back together then he moved back in with me.

and i don't like how things are going and just feel i am going to keep making the same mistakes with relationships unless i take the time to heal... i think this is turning into a message for a different forum (relationships)

I have checked with my local police and since he has some of his belongings in - i have to file for eviction - which i plan to do this week.

if you have any other comments or thoughts to help me through this - i would greatly appreciate it.

state - maryland
Talk about being put through the ringer . You accually want to throw him on the street because you changed your mind ? Oh brother , person ads watch out .

christine05

no...

no i am not throwing him out onto the streets - he has his OWN PLACE.

and it's not because i've changed my mind - it's because we both have changed and i don't like it when someone yells at me and calls me bad names and puts me down.

i don't think you would like it either

the_destiny

christine05 said:

Please help!

You said he has a house in the same developement so call the office and tell them he wont leave if he has his own apt. in the same addition it should be easy...

christine05

what?

I don't understand what you mean - "You said he has a house in the same developement so call the office and tell them he wont leave if he has his own apt. in the same addition it should be easy..."

how could the development make him move out of my place just because he has his own place in the same area?

BL

So you told the Police .

HE HAS HIS OWN PLACE > ???

Please tell him to take his belongings and go home ?

Does he ever leave the house ? If yes , change the locks , and refuse to let him in .

When or if he takes you to court tell the Judge HE HAS HIS OWN PLACE TO LIVE .... He can come get his things he leaves when he visits me . :rolleyes:

christine05

yes i told the police

The police said he has the right to stay - isnt' that just BS or what!

I have asked him to leave - but he says he won't until he knows for sure that i am leaving the development.

i can't change the locks - apparently that's not allowed in MD.

i have thought about putting his stuff on his door step and then changing the locks.

i just want to do this in a civil manner.

S

seniorjudge

christine05 said:
The police said he has the right to stay - isnt' that just BS or what!

I have asked him to leave - but he says he won't until he knows for sure that i am leaving the development.

i can't change the locks - apparently that's not allowed in MD.

i have thought about putting his stuff on his door step and then changing the locks.

i just want to do this in a civil manner.
Are you saying that there is a statute in Maryland that says you cannot change the locks on your door?

I'd love to see it.

Anyway, change the locks and put his stuff on the stoop.

This has gone on long enough: simple answer.

christine05

tell me about it!

i think i will call the police again tonight and make sure the person i spoke with today understood what i was saying.

but a similar thing happen to my sister and she said i would need to do the same thing.

plus i'll ask the police if i'm breaking any laws by putting his stuff out of my boat and changing my locks.

i'd like to know who's side the government is on!

Girl, do not let him bully you into moving - this is nothing more than a way for him to retain control over you.

Take the advise - toss his a**. change the locks, box up his stuff, put it on his doorstep, and bu-bye.

Even if he leaves voluntarily - change the locks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">